Remove this Banner Ad

walshy1993

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2000
Melbourne, (ESSENDON)
saw these blokes along my travels last night
sam hunt is to sum it up, huge!
he is tall strong, fit, glen jakovitch material
i was also speaking to robert shaw, he was saying that michael davis was picked up so late and no club wanted him because he isnt an athlete, greg williams like, fat and slow
but like joey misiti he just knows how to read the play and gets the footy
so a couple of good prospects there, and all is looking good for the future

Michael Davis is fit, lean, has trememdous running ability, i know this cause i have played footy with him, he has no body fat what so ever, and has excellent endurance.
And highly skilled
he is the best value draft pick that is for sure

acuguy there is a difference between fitness at junior level and fitness at afl level
im not having a go at the guy, im telling you what i know, its fact not made up
he has the ability to get the ball, knows were its going to be but he is no matt shirvington

The Geelong Addy on Sat. had an article about Sam Hunt Walshy. Saying he was sacked by the Falcons but came back and was a star in their Premiership push.

Dodoro (Spell?) said they were impressed by his determination and mental steel to comeback from the sacking. Sounds a good prospect, if he's half as good as Jcko I'll be wrapped.

Do you have a position at the club Walshy, or know someone who does? You seem to get alot of inside info.

Cheers.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

Walshy i am not talking about michael davis at junior level, i am talking about him at senior football level, i am well aware that he is now going up a level, but i am telling you that you have been given s**t information about him, only time will tell, check out the afl draft cam results you will find that michael davis had the lowest skinfolds (fat test)for small midfielders in his camp group. You will also find out he had the third best max bench press for small midfielders in his group. Once again i would love to know your source cause he is telling you rubbish.

acuguy you complete and utter moron
ill tell you the source
it was robert shaw, i put it in my first post, if you could read then you would have seen it
but then again what would he know hey
he said if he was coaching michael davis would be the first player he took because he doesnt have the athletic build of most but just knows how to get the ball, exactly like joe misiti
so dont critise me, i see a lot more of the players than a lot of people may think, not to blow my own trumpet but i think me and my source may know just a little about what we are talking about

[This message has been edited by walshy1993 (edited 21 November 2000).]

No mention of robert shaw in the first post, i don't know whether you are just dropping names all bullshitting everyone, your info means squat to someone who knows the player, and if you want name dropping well i can do that as well, but i choose not to.

i wasnt name droping
you asked i answered
simple as that

compare davis to hird or kouta or even alan didak and i think you will understand by what i mean
the point was afl clubs are looking at athletes rather than footballers
perhaps my coment was over the top but it wasnt meant to be taken literally but unfortunatly some people just prefer to jump over guns

[This message has been edited by walshy1993 (edited 21 November 2000).]

s**t guys, let's not turn it in to a circus. For what it's worth, I'm inclined to take Robbie Shaw's word. Davis does sound a good prospect...maybe a case of a late selection bloomer (ala Hird at 78).

Walshy I'm more interested in that James Davies. The club seemed hellbent on snagging him. Must have something special. I know he captained Xavier college, so that indicates he's a leader. Also happy that he's a flexible player as well, in that he can rotate between midfield and HF. Basically in the mould of a Blumfield, Caracella and Mercuri type, who are effective in that role.

Can you elaborate on him?

Cheers.

Look i accept that when he may be compared to the best athletes he may not be right up there, but when you know a bloke you don't like it when he is called fat and slow, especially when he is either, there is often a small percentage that athletically are way out in front , but the rest are all about even, afl draft is a lottery, just look at blokes like woewodin, cameron bruce, mal michael and all the other rookie list players and look at grant and hird who were taken so late. My point with davis walshyis i thought you were way over the top with the fat and slow remarks.

final word on davis, he is built like a misiti or j.johnson, players that no one wants, that was my point

robbo i dont know much about davies, i think we will just have to trust the club on this one, im sure that there was a lot of effort put in before drafting him and if he didnt have the ability they wouldnt have gotten him
he is a player that can be rotated into the midfield, but i think he played a lot of his footy at half back rather than half forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back