36_SamIles.jpg

DETAILS
BIRTHPLACE Hobart
JUMPER # 36
DOB 19/06/1985
HEIGHT 185cm
WEIGHT 83kg

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/sam-iles/

Sam Iles was Gold Coast SUNS 2010 Best and Fairest player.He was picked up by the GC SUNS in the 2010 Rookie Draft after a standout season in the midfield at Box Hill, one that saw him share third place in the Hawks’ Best and Fairest and achieve selection in the 2009 VFL Team of the Year.

A highly rated Tasmanian junior, Iles spent time at Collingwood as a small back-half option after being picked up by the Pies in the 2006 AFL Pre-season Draft. Unfortunately he found himself at a club top-heavy in medium-sized, mobile backmen and although often listed as an emergency, Iles played just seven games over two years before being delisted ahead of the 2008 season.

At his new footballing home Iles has reinvented himself as a genuine A-grade midfielder. His impressive skills by hand and foot on both sides, superb fitness, level-headedness and consistency are hallmarks.

Sam is getting a run this weekend, starting on the wing. He has been in good form for the twos, so I am expecting him to have a decent game and hold his spot for a while.

Gold Coast vs Essendon (round 6 2011)

Couldn't watch the game, but Iles did about as well as anybody in a Gold Coast Jumper. Kicked a couple of goals and got almost 20 touches. Was named in the GC best 3.

I think Iles has been really good for the Suns so far this year. He has been in their best a number of times and often wins his contest on the wing. Will be a reasonable player for GC for a few years to come.

Sammy Sammy great game tonight mate. Such an underrated player. Works hard and does the team thing not a flashy player but a good reliable smart footballer.
Good on you mate.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Quickly becoming one of the more important players at the club. I was amazed when he was dropped early this year, but his performances since coming back have been outstanding. BOG for GC in the loss against GWS capped a very consistent couple of weeks for Isles. An underrated player who is starting to silence his critics. Well done, Sammy. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back