Roast Sam Jacobs - no fridge, no cupboard, just the bin!

Should Sauce have played?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would waste my time emailing the club because the club wont tell you
How would you describe the hours you've spent here on BF arguing (debating) the pro's and con's on him playing / not playing last weekend?

I wonder if anyone has bothered to reach out to him on another platform like Twitter and asked a question like "Hey Sam, sad you weren't out with the young fella's vs Port last weekend. Are you planning to play against Norwood this weekend?"

So the 'real world' view is that businesses shouldnt have to pay people for their labour? That's your wordly view?
Yes it happens.

Last night I had to prepare some reports at home for a 9am meeting.

No extra payment for me.

Might be different if you are paid by the hour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How would you describe the hours you've spent here on BF arguing (debating) the pro's and con's on him playing / not playing last weekend?

I wonder if anyone has bothered to reach out to him on another platform like Twitter and asked a question like "Hey Sam, sad you weren't out with the young fella's vs Port last weekend. Are you planning to play against Norwood this weekend?"

True

But I respect Sams decision or the Clubs decision or GWS's decision

Not sure who made the call but they didn't do anything wrong

As I respect the clubs decision to tell Nathan Bock to pack his bags during the season or to sack Sando, or trade out Lyons or Vince, or Charlie Camerons decision to break his contract or if Eddie does this year

The players and club both do things which don't seem morally right, but if it was the players only screwing the club, you would have the right to complain but without question it goes both ways

Its a professional club, as are all AFL clubs, no club is immune

So the 'real world' view is that businesses shouldnt have to pay people for their labour? That's your wordly view?
I am not saying work completely for free. But in terms.of a lot of employment paid by salary I would suggest.it is quite common to provide more labour than is.outlined in the employment contract.

If you are paid by the hour with little responsibility then this is.probably less likely to happen.

Although I think back to my junior days in a supermarket and even then with the closing clean up of the deli I would have provided a bit of unpaid labour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very clear it only discusses the AFL season as it has no control over the SANFL season obviously, and when the SANFL run their season and how they choose to schedule it, they may decide to start later and finish later but that's their choice no one elses .

Interesting one is the B and F, they MAY be required to attend so I guess that is the loophole for Gunston

9.1 Post Season Leave
(a) A Player shall be entitled to Leave between his Club’s Season Conclusion Date and its Recommencement Date (Post Season Leave).
(b) A Club’s Season Conclusion Date shall be the Tuesday after the Club’s final match of the AFL Season, except that:

(i) if the Club provides Players days off on the Monday and Tuesday following its final match, then the Season Conclusion Date may be the Wednesday after the final match;
(ii) if a Club wins the Grand Final, the Season Conclusion Date may be the Wednesday after the Grand Final;
(iii) if a Club used reasonable endeavours to complete individual medical screenings and follow up activities prior to the Season Conclusion Date but was unable to do so, Players may be required to attend for such activities reasonably after the Season Conclusion Date;
(iv) Players may be required to attend the Club’s Best and Fairest, which shall be scheduled no later than the weekend following the Grand Final.
(c) In each year, the AFL will determine the Recommencement Date, provided that:
(i) the Recommencement Date for Clubs that did not participate in weeks 2-4 of the Finals Series shall not be prior to the date determined by the AFL and AFLPA in mid-November;
(ii) the Recommencement Date for Clubs that participated in weeks 2-4 of the Finals Series shall not be prior to 1 December;
(iii) a Club may require players with four or less years on an AFL Primary List to return for developmental training two weeks prior to its Recommencement Date; and
(iv) each Player shall receive a minimum of six weeks Leave prior to the Recommencement Date.

That’s generic, and if you think AFL listed players do not have to play for the reserves of their club you’re nuts

Well more nuts than usual

So Collingwood players, would have to play reserves but Freo players don’t?

Rubbish

That’s generic, and if you think AFL listed players do not have to play for the reserves of their club you’re nuts

Well more nuts than usual

So Collingwood players, would have to play reserves but Freo players don’t?

Rubbish

The agreement is clearly drawn up around the AFL season

Why do you think that is

The SANFL or WAFL are not controlled by the AFL so if they want to start in May and finish in November they can, the agreement is drawn up as you will read on the first page between the Player, AFLPA and AFL, it simply cannot accommodate the SANFL because those parties have no control over the SANFL, you would expect they will fall in line but its not in their powers to do so

THe agreement is technically correct obviously, why do you think the crows cannot force Sam to play

But for all we know they kicked him out lke they did Nathan Bock and why didnt JJ play the last game, did Adelaide kick him out also

His decision if he wants to go outside of the agreement that he signed, he doesn't have to though

Gets down to why Sam wouldn't want to play, Ive asked that question on why would he say no to playing, its clear he has no contractural arrangements to.

Why do you think he doesnt want to play or was it adelaide not wanting him to play because he is leaving like they did with Nathan bock, or did GWS make a request to Sam

Could be any of those three reasons but unfortunatly we dont know

Would have been Sam’s decision (on a very very high probability) given he is a RFA and we ain’t going to match whatever someone is offering unless it is a one year contract which means the AFC get nothing.

It isn’t hard to work out at all.

PS : using the Bock, Davis etc is just bonkers - Sam’s AFL career is basically over theirs wasn’t.

Would have been Sam’s decision (on a very very high probability) given he is a RFA and we ain’t going to match whatever someone is offering unless it is a one year contract which means the AFC get nothing.

It isn’t hard to work out at all.

PS : using the Bock, Davis etc is just bonkers - Sam’s AFL career is basically over theirs wasn’t.

No Example Nathan Bock was asked to clean out his locker with two games to go and not come to training because he said he was signing a contract with the suns, thats the comparison nothing to do with RFA, Sam as we believe advised he would be leaving the club at the end of R23 AFL home and away as per his contract

I asked why would you think Sam didnt want to play a meaningless B grade game when he had no obligation to

AS for why he didnt play we still dont know if Adelaide asked him to leave like they did with bock, although very unlikely, or it was Sams decision, if so would you think there was any influence from GWS if it is infact GWS he is going to

No Example Nathan Bock was asked to clean out his locker with two games to go and not come to training because he said he was signing a contract with the suns, thats the comparison nothing to do with RFA, Sam as we believe advised he would be leaving the club at the end of R23 AFL home and away as per his contract

I asked why would you think Sam didnt want to play a meaningless B grade game when he had no obligation to

AS for why he didnt play we still dont know if Adelaide asked him to leave like they did with bock, although very unlikely, or it was Sams decision, if so would you think there was any influence from GWS if it is infact GWS he is going to

Self entitled individual - sad but true.

Hardly a role model given his actions.

Yeh good on him. Sometime you can be revered in a club, he probably won’t be.

The club has paid him well the last 9 years.

Hes a mercenary type player like Betts looking for his third club like betts, to ensure he maximises his earnings out of footy

I don't have a problem with either of them for being like that

Hes a mercenary type player like Betts looking for his third club like betts, to ensure he maximises his earnings out of footy

I don't have a problem with either of them for being like that

Betts still has one year on a contract and has been in the media and made commentary. Jacobs has said nothing.

Yeh but they are both the same.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he would rather stay in Adelaide?

What if he ends up at the GC and breaks his contract with us>?
I simply can't see him at GC .....he has a strong affiliation with the Crows Idigenous boys .....IMO, it's Adelaide or Melbourne only

Back