Past Sam Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 39. Sam Jacobs

I know you won't like to hear this, but I reckon he's one of our top targets for trade week. Given that he has Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock to contend with, the chance to be a guaranteed #1 ruck at Richmond might be tempting.
Most of us seem to agree it will be hard to keep all four rucks on the list but if it is Jacobs that leaves - and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays - Richmond would be lucky to win him over from Adelaide, Port, Hawthorn or GC.

Bloke hasn't put a foot wrong since he pulled the jumper on. All this talk of 'knows his limitations, lacks mobility, too slow' is just garbage. He is playing great footy at the moment. I think he is tapping to our advantage a bit better than Kreuz even. Go Big Sauce! :thumbsu:

Found these of big red. Excellent shots. :thumbsu:

98508389.jpg

98509903.jpg

91134566.jpg

Champ.
Has come a long way since these days..
76102233.jpg

Early in the season you probably could have suggested that Sauce may be used as trade bait... maybe to the Hawks or the Power who are desperately in need of a ruck. BUT his performance over the past few weeks in the seniors, specifically against Hawthorn on Sunday should make him an untouchable come seasons end. He has been absolutely brilliant. His contested marking has been a highlight.

Adelaide Crows fight for ruck spot
"Carlton had four ruckmen, there were two left at the Crows with Brad and Ivan, plus I'm a South Australian boy and always wanted to play footy here, so it seems pretty obvious to me.

"It's not like anyone has the No.1 (guarantee) anyway, its a long season and no one's got it yet.''

"I always wanted to come back home and the situation at Carlton is pretty well documented, that with all the talls there it was going to make it pretty hard to all play together,''

"Pre-season has been tough. But program wise, pre-season is hard wherever you are. I love the layout of the program here, how i'ts run. There's a lot better recovery time compared to Carlton. In pre-season they like to get as much into you as they can, but here there's a good balance.''

That should help Jacobs with the all extra running he'll have to do at Adelaide without a Warnock, Hampson or Kreuzer supporting him in the ruck. ;)

Patrick Rooney of inoffensive posts with correct spelling said:
Curb your enthusiasm Sam Jacobs - if you were still at Carlton, you could have had Megan gale under your arm. She likes tall blokes in Carlton jumpers.
:thumbsu: :D

The training comaprison is interesting, its not like Adelaide have not had their injury problems over the last few years. Wonder how much it has to do with their training programs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back