Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Re: 39. Sam Jacobs (Rookie)

I really think Hammer is under pressure now (although he was quite handy tonight), he still drops marks he should be taking but he's working hard on his game.

If Kreuzer plays next week, hopefully Jacobs and Hammer keep their places.

Let Jacobs and Hammer share the ruck duties and let Cloke and Kreuzer play up forward with Fev.

We're into the semi-final, we're getting great preparation for the season proper, lets give the young ruckmen all game to stake their claim for R1 and lets give Kreuzer and Cloke a chance to stake their claim for R1 in the forward line.

I don't want Kreuzer playing in the ruck at all this season.

If Kruez is right for this week, i would be almost tempted to play Fev half a game and then Cloke and Kruez out of full forward.

Jacobs and hammer in the ruck.

Blue Bawls

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I really think Hammer is under pressure now (although he was quite handy tonight), he still drops marks he should be taking but he's working hard on his game.

If Kreuzer plays next week, hopefully Jacobs and Hammer keep their places.

Let Jacobs and Hammer share the ruck duties and let Cloke and Kreuzer play up forward with Fev.

We're into the semi-final, we're getting great preparation for the season proper, lets give the young ruckmen all game to stake their claim for R1 and lets give Kreuzer and Cloke a chance to stake their claim for R1 in the forward line.

I don't want Kreuzer playing in the ruck at all this season.

Agree. He has obvious talent as a marking, crumbing goal kicker, and with Warnock coming along with Sauce stepping up to the plate, why put that workload on him?

He also gives a ruck option up forward so Jacobs can drop back in defense and get in teh way of marking forwards.

Mar 23, 2007
The Rose Garden
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm/Blazers/Liverpool/Athletic

Big Sauce, really taking his opportunity which is great to see. Really looking forward to his progression during the year, will make things very interesting once Warnock is back fit. Very good to see we have competition for all spots in our team.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

Could not believe my eyes when he kicked that goal. Had me on my seat:D:D. Still looks to handball at every opportunity though, which is why I was shocked but thrilled to see it go through. It suprises me though, I've never seen him kick much but from what I did see, in the NAB cup, he's not too bad. Would like to see him kick more, long into the 50.

BlueSnake

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2008
Tassie
AFL Club
Carlton

Yeah, I swear time almost stood still when the ball landed in his hands just before he kicked that goal... was such an important goal too, just a pity we didn't kick some of the other ones I guess.

But yeah, I get the impression he doesn't have much confidence in his own kicking and so he likes to just handball it off to a runner, but in any case he surprised me a few times tonight. Despite how slow he is, he knows how to sell the dummy and is also too big and strong for most midfielders to successfully tackle so he gets the ball to one of our mids quite effectively most of the time. The fact he has worked hard on his ground ball pick-ups is awesome too. :thumbsu:

Could not believe my eyes when he kicked that goal. Had me on my seat:D:D. Still looks to handball at every opportunity though, which is why I was shocked but thrilled to see it go through. It suprises me though, I've never seen him kick much but from what I did see, in the NAB cup, he's not too bad. Would like to see him kick more, long into the 50.
Honestly, that goal was pathetic. :D

Made me laugh in disbelief when the umpire signalled the goal.

I got a bit carried away after his stiff-armed Jetta (i think?) in the first quarter. :eek:
Third one, I think it was.

Got through a couple of defenders with that one. It was awesome. :thumbsu:

Sep 30, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Carlton

What do you think the chances are of Jacobs staying on your list at the end of this season?

I think ATM if all our ruckman are fit the order would be

1 Kreuzer
2 Warnock
3 Hampson
4 Sentanta and Jacobs
5 Cloke

So he will probably stay on. I know your asking as Lade and Brogan are getting on and your ruckman in the wings are switching clubs in the SANFL because they couldn't get a game:p

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams

I think ATM if all our ruckman are fit the order would be

1 Kreuzer
2 Warnock
3 Hampson
4 Sentanta and Jacobs
5 Cloke

So he will probably stay on. I know your asking as Lade and Brogan are getting on and your ruckman in the wings are switching clubs in the SANFL because they couldn't get a game:p

Yep. Thanks for that!:D

Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning

What do you think the chances are of Jacobs staying on your list at the end of this season?

No chance of being delisted. Only chance of him not being a Blue next year is if someone can muster up a decent offer for him at the trade table.

No chance of being delisted. Only chance of him not being a Blue next year is if someone can muster up a decent offer for him at the trade table.

Agreed. Hopefully someone comes up with a very good deal, that we will go with. :thumbsu:

Agreed. Hopefully someone comes up with a very good deal, that we will go with. :thumbsu:
Can't trade a rookie. We have to promote him to do that, and we'd need to do it at the end of this year for a trade next year.

Can't trade a rookie. We have to promote him to do that, and we'd need to do it at the end of this year for a trade next year.

Then we will. What's the point of having: Kruze-Warnock-Jacobs-Cloke?

Then we will. What's the point of having: Kruze-Warnock-Jacobs-Cloke?

Then we will? I'd venture to say that there is absolutely no chance of Jacobs being traded.

We will have invested 3 years into Jacobs as a ruckman and he has shown considerable progress in that time.

To get rid of him would be unneccessary and completely mad.

We won't be trading for the sake of trading. Depth in every area on the field is desired so why we would consider getting rid of depth in one area is beyond me.

Out of the 4 ruckmen you listed above only Cloke is any chance of not being in the Carlton squad in 2010.

Back