Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2017

Should the Spud Shield change names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Early nomination Johanessen (or however it is spelt). Has been playing like a spud lately but bound to have a blinder this Saturday night.

Cordy for the Perrie, because anyone with a name like Zaine deserves to be nominated for any award going. Will bob up and kick 6 straight.
JJ
30plus guaranteed
JaJo has been putrid the last few weeks but he has been targeted as the key to shutting down the Dogs run and is facing dealing with the attention for the first time so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment to see if he can respond. A gamebreaker and anything but a spud when he is up and going.

Choose again. (Cordy is fine)

That's if Bevo doesn't line him up with the Spud gun! Must be due for another run in the VFL.

He's looking more and more like a spud every game. From squibbing, to dropping sitters, s**t haircut, trying to take marks with flat palms on the run, s**t haircut, shanking kicks, playing for frees, s**t haircut - 'the Parcel' is well and truly broken.......

cardboard-box-parcel-sent-to-china-but-returned-damaged-8-weeks-later-BAEEDW.jpg

Didn't have time to replace Roberton last week. I picked him thinking if Kreuzer could be selected, then... Oh well.

Not that many spuds in the Dogs team. I presume Hunter (& his sideways 15 metre kicks) doesn't count, so I'll go with Shane "Tippy Toes" Biggs to have 25+ uncontested possies coming off a bank flank.

Didn't have time to replace Roberton last week. I picked him thinking if Kreuzer could be selected, then... Oh well.

Not that many spuds in the Dogs team. I presume Hunter (& his sideways 15 metre kicks) doesn't count, so I'll go with Shane "Tippy Toes" Biggs to have 25+ uncontested possies coming off a bank flank.
Yeah, apologies, I tagged you in as soon as I'd made the decision but as you said "Oh well". And as predicted Roberton probably would have won it unworthily.

If we played Carlton this week Kreuzer would not be eligible. He actually looks like he's putting it together now and is a Top 3-5 ruckman in the league.

He only just scraped in that week. Other weekly winners too that won't be eligible next time round are likely be Zach Tuohy, Brad Hill, Bachar Houli and maybe a couple of others.

After some soul searching over the Bye, I came to the conclusion to crack down on players a bit harder!

ezgif.com-optimize (54).gif

Yeah, apologies, I tagged you in as soon as I'd made the decision but as you said "Oh well". And as predicted Roberton probably would have won it unworthily.

If we played Carlton this week Kreuzer would not be eligible. He actually looks like he's putting it together now and is a Top 3-5 ruckman in the league.

He only just scraped in that week. Other weekly winners too that won't be eligible next time round are likely be Zach Tuohy, Brad Hill, Bachar Houli and maybe a couple of others.

After some soul searching over the Bye, I came to the conclusion to crack down on players a bit harder!

View attachment 383595
Changing rules mid-season? Who do you think you are, Gillon McLachlan?

View attachment 383595

Roozee, you're everything the MRP should be.

Changing rules mid-season? Who do you think you are, Gillon McLachlan?
I did state that this was AFL sanctioned and as such made up as you go along!;)

I'm more of the 'Vlad' type - head in the sand when s**t goes south.

Long time reader, first time voter.

Can premiership players (and even Norm Smith medallists) be Kerridges?

I'll take Fletcher Roberts and hope two names gets over the line again (do the Dogs have more of them than any other team btw?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time reader, first time voter.

Can premiership players (and even Norm Smith medallists) be Kerridges?

I'll take Fletcher Roberts and hope two names gets over the line again (do the Dogs have more of them than any other team btw?).
Welcome H2H.

Plenty of spuds find themselves lucky enough to be adorned with a premiership medal. This does not excuse them from the Kerridge.

Looking back through the Norm Smith Medallists to 1979 I can't really find a spud amongst them unless you are referring to the most recent winner - JaJo....whom I have ruled out above and given the benefit of the doubt at the moment due to targeted attention despite his recent putrid efforts.

Roberts for you. Good luck.

Oh, and going for Bailey Dale this week. Should get a double multiplier for two first names that can be girls' name, too.
God he was terrible last week. Absolutely shithouse.
Id be surprised if he plays this week. In fact if he does Roozee dont hold a weekly prize and just give it to this s**t campaigner by default

Lindsay's old tackle bag, Lachie Hunter has done nothing of note for eons, watch him have a blinder, and at least 3-4 free kicks for ducking his ugly bonce and looking to the whistleblowers for sympathy, and the well worn phrase, "high, free kick Bulldogs".
OCTOPUS.gif

Paul the Octopus says "Nope"!

While Hunter hasn't set the world on fire he is still 3rd for total kicks, 5th for total disposals, equal 4th for total marks and their equal 3rd highest leading goalkicker with 8 at the Floggies.

And Bevo hasn't lined him up and pulled the trigger on him this season (yet) so his 15 x 15m kicks a game must be pleasing Bevo!

Double J this week. Dogs partying like it's umpire assisted 2016 all over again. JJ playing one of the great 'bump up your wage' games for the ages including an unprecedented 2 tackles to stop Waite executing a banana (just cause the drop punt was too boring) from right in front.

View attachment 383880

Paul the Octopus says "Nope"!

While Hunter hasn't set the world on fire he is still 3rd for total kicks, 5th for total disposals, equal 4th for total marks and their equal 3rd highest leading goalkicker with 8 at the Floggies.

And Bevo hasn't lined him up and pulled the trigger on him this season (yet) so his 15 x 15m kicks a game must be pleasing Bevo!

You used to be cool.

Every AFL player has a little bit of Sam Kerridge inside them.

You used to be cool.

Every AFL player has a little bit of Sam Kerridge inside them.
Ladies and gentleman your 2017 Sam Kerridge Spud Shield Winner is........

images

Can't have that.

C'mon KC, cut me some slack mate! This is a tough gig!

I'm still cool damn it!

ezgif.com-optimize (56).gif

PS. JJ's a no too!

Boyd. Has done a 'Kerridge' on the biggest stage of all so a mundane, routine R14 game against a struggling opponent shouldn't be a problem for him.

That GF performance should be referred to as an 'Ellen' in memory of Shane Ellen and his ridiculous five goals in the '97 grand final.

Back