Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2017

Should the Spud Shield change names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SPECIAL MENTION

images

And the highlight of the night - the plastic bag that aimlessly wandered onto and plonked itself on the Etihad surface. Although not registering a disposal from limited game time, the bag was undoubtedly BOG for the night and provided the commentary team on Channel 7 with their best work and most accurate, calling it by its correct name on every occasion.
Some of your best work there:thumbsu:

Before I choose, can I just reconfirm the multiplier for:

- players born in a country other than 'Straya, and
- rangas

The 'Not born in Australia' multiplier is a hefty x1.5 multiplier.

There is currently no 'Ranga' multiplier. I feel like if there was it would need to be graded on a scale of 'redness'......which could make it hard to monitor if they are trying to hide the fact that they are actually a ranga! Has merit but needs a bit more thought and some guidelines.

How does someone with no first name pick up the 2 first name multiplier?
The 'Two first names' multiplier has kinda become an all-encompassing multiplier that covers two last names and/or no first names!

Maynard just came readily to mind as a first name due to the lead singer of the band 'Tool' having the first name of Maynard (whom I have now found out was not actually born with it!) and also Maynard F# Crabbes who was a TV presenter and radio host on Triple JJJ years ago (whom I also found out just used it as a stage/performance name!).

So it appears 'Maynard' is actually really just a 'stage' first name!

Last edited:
The 'Two first names' multiplier has kinda become an all-encompassing multiplier that covers two last names and/or no first names!

Maynard just came readily to mind as a first name due to the lead singer of the band 'Tool' having the first name of Maynard (whom I have now found out was not actually born with it!) and also Maynard F# Crabbes who was a TV presenter and radio host on Triple JJJ years ago (whom I also found out just used it as a stage/performance name!).

So it appears 'Maynard' is actually really just a 'stage' first name!
And Maynard F# Crabbes was a pun on Maynard G. Krebs, the Bob Denver character in The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Also a fictional/stage name, but there must surely be some real Maynards out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back