Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brennan Cox finally came through for me. Bit late mate, l'm dying here......

Look let's be Gumbleton I mean frank- I'm not a fan of yours in this thread, all about you! Last year you tin arsed a few duds here and there. I may have choked in the last few rounds as the pressure built. Very similar to my footy career ( cannot think of another word for it, career sounds like I made something of it)

But our improvement has meant we're not getting taken to the cleaners by guys who a) have career bests b) are s**t and never heard of again. Wouldn't mind the occasional no result, if no ones worthy.

The King Kerridge kicked 13 goals total in 2013, six of course coming in one hit against us. Got two Brownlow votes for the season and yep against us. let's not celebrate mediocre fools , when only the best will do.

Look let's be Gumbleton I mean frank- I'm not a fan of yours in this thread, all about you! Last year you tin arsed a few duds here and there. I may have choked in the last few rounds as the pressure built. Very similar to my footy career ( cannot think of another word for it, career sounds like I made something of it)

But our improvement has meant we're not getting taken to the cleaners by guys who a) have career bests b) are s**t and never heard of again. Wouldn't mind the occasional no result, if no ones worthy.

The King Kerridge kicked 13 goals total in 2013, six of course coming in one hit against us. Got two Brownlow votes for the season and yep against us. let's not celebrate mediocre fools , when only the best will do.
21 rounds of s**t and glitter. 1 round of Kerridge honour board.

If that round exists this season it will be found and the perpetrator placed on their rightful throne.

Nothing else matters.

I reckon whoever I've chosen this season has not touch the ball more than twice a quarter and that includes handing it back to the ump for a throw in. I am the Kerridge killer!

Same here.

If we work this out properly we could do the side chance's some good!!

ROUND 12 FULL NOMINATIONS LIST -

andana - Parsons
see see - Stanley
Roozee - Buzza
Luke72 - Buzza
naturally north - Jones
TennisPlayerAndy - Black
big_e - Henry
DaveyBoy123 - Cunico
Heaps of fun - Black
Nate7 - Parfitt
Gorman2Geister - Black
Shinboner '07 - Buzza
Flawed Genius - Black
Twinkletoes - Cunico
Private Hudson - Buzza
RobZombie - Black
shinboner spiggs - Simpson
giantroo - Buzza
ferball - Black
King Corey - Stanley
Wild Kangaroo - Buzza
Da Humph - Murdoch
tazaa - Henry
benbanjo - Black
roos_fanatic08 - Parsons (McCarthy)
muttley45 - Parfitt
Hojuman - Parsons (McCarthy)
shinboner magic - Parsons
Kanga Glory - Parfitt
North Viking - Parfitt
YearOfTheRoos - Parfitt
boneofshin - Parsons

Has to be Black. Sentimental value, and multipliers must be off the charts - 2 last names, dirty stache, playing against his old club, ...

Plus I like him. He was a nice fella at a sponsors function a few years ago and I'd like to see him win something.
Fortunately, like you RZ, I am a baseball fan and will allow the 2 last names multiplier on Black.

Henry 'Hank' Aaron was the greatest home run hitter of all time. Bonds was stained with drugs and only just beat him by 7.

One recent development in baseball (Australian) I am ****en pissed about is that my most hated football team, the Crows, have just bought the Adelaide Bite, my most supported baseball team.

If the Crows can move it back to Norwood Oval where it was awesome, and not West Beach which is a friggin' shithouse softball ground it will go a long way to easing the pain.

However, player access at West Beach is unprecedented and I would like to thank the Brisbane Bandits bullpen for handing my little girl her first baseball. :thumbsu:

Not sure if you follow the ABL at all?

I have contemplated this before but it can be difficult to discern those trying to hide it!

That's a very good point... For some reason though, I don't think young Ed is trying to hide it. He'll learn. Then again, maybe this is the flashy new way to attract the umpire's votes & win a Brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies will have anywhere from 4 - 6 changes this week. Hard field to choose from. Wonder if their VFL side running around this weekend ? Will check.

Last edited:
Then again, maybe this is the flashy new way to attract the umpire's votes & win a Brownlow.
Worked for Keith Greig. Twice.

I'm on Schache to have the mother of all breakout games - six goals, eight contested marks and a dozen hit outs for good measure.

If Bruce is commentating, he will literally have an orgasm when Schache slots his sixth from the boundary 50+ out late in the game to snatch the doggies a famously brave victory.

ROUND 12 WEEKLY REPORT

200.gif

Jeez, anyone would think that the world had ended losing to Geelong at Sponsor Whore Stadium. You just know it ain't your day when Jed Bews kicks a goal from outside 50 against you - or inside 50 for that matter. And as much as our back slapped against the surface of the pool like it was concrete we will have time to recover from it thanks to that marvellous invention called 'The Bye'. Cats by 37 :shoutyoldman:

upload_2018-6-18_0-20-38.png

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

cunico-logo.png

So Jordan Cunico takes out a hotly contested Kerridge Player of the Week from fellow 'Jordan' Murdoch on a countback. Sounding more like a mining company than a footballer, Cunico ran around like a ferret invading a sporting field and every time we tried to tackle him he bit us on the finger on his way to collecting 26 disposals. When he slotted his goal from downtown Bullshitsville early in the last quarter I knew he'd stitched up the Kerridge for this week but there was still no room for him in the best players. Of course Ablett was in there by default.

giphy.gif

PERRIE AWARD

h205AE154

Well, Geelong are anything but boring! Every nominated player at least qualified for a multiplier or bonus and resulted in not one but two Nyhuis Triple threats with the late inclusion James Parsons rising to the Perrie for the week. There were s**t tatts, manbuns, Two last names, Two first names, Spaanderman Modern names, 100% disposal efficiency, ex-North and late in multipliers and bonuses flying everywhere! In fact, Wylie Buzza actually produced a Quadruple threat with a manbun, two last names, Spaanderman Modern name and 100% disposal efficiency multipliers. Fat lot of good they all do though when your original Perrie points score is only 68!

VICKERY-WATTS MEDAL

tenor.gif

I'm going to keep it positive here for ex-Shinboner Aaron Black because his unfortunate knee injury was one of the most hideous you will see. I have never seen a knee bend that far backwards - especially one that didn't end up breaking. I turned away wincing with my hands dragging down my face. Poor bastard. Finally just breaks through for a run of games in a strong Geelong outfit in a new role in defence and the unthinkable happens. It's a long way back for him now but I'm sure we are all wishing him the best in his recovery.

giphy.gif

SPUD FARMER OF THE WEEK

giphy.gif

It was a veritable smorgasbord of hot food being handed out this week!

A VP :sweetpotato: for selecting Cunico for the Kerridge goes to Twinkletoes and DaveyBoy123 who closes the gap to within one spudburger at the top of the leaderboard.

And andana , roos_fanatic08 , Hojuman , shinboner magic and boneofshin pick up a side of fries :frenchfries: in the Perrie for nominating Parsons.

The Vickery-Watts spudburgers :hamburger: go to TennisPlayerAndy , Heaps of fun , Gorman2Geister , Flawed Genius , RobZombie , ferball and benbanjo for picking ol' mate Blacky.

We've also found one thing giantroo isn't good at - picking spuds! However, I'm sure he will manipulate the leaderboard in time lapse imagery somehow to make himself appear nearer the top!

KERRIDGE WATCH

tenor.gif

After Sammy cut sick like an epileptic cat against the Swans two weeks ago, he has come back in fine form again after the bye for the match-up with the Dockers and fellow honour-roller, Ryan Nyhuis. It was another typically insipid performance by the Blues, of course, but Sammy can hold his chin up with a solid 18 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles and 1 of the 6 goals kicked by a team that should not be in the AFL.

Carlton's backline on the weekend.......

giphy.gif

NYHUIS WATCH

upload_2018-6-18_1-7-57.jpeg

Ross must be too busy flossing his teeth in the coaches box pre-game before he realises that Nyhuis is an emergency and then hastily swings a late change. For the second time this season, two weeks ago Nyhuis was a late in and held his spot. So in his short 8 game career so far, Nyhuis has been a late in 3 times. Ryan was a good contributor against the Crows two weeks ago with 21 disposals and 9 marks but was a bit quieter on the weekend in defence with 8 disposals and 5 marks predominantly because the bloody ball wasn't going down there!

SPUD FARMER OF THE YEAR LEADERBOARD

upload_2018-6-18_0-22-6.png

v the Floggies:bulldogs: Saturday night at Etihad.

h3049499D

Get your nominations in!

This week if he plays Bailey Dale.
If not Josh Schache to teat it up, kick a back and announce himself as one of the top forwards in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back