Sam Lane- brown-nosing to Caro again!

Remove this Banner Ad

thats what I'm saying, good on her for not backing down. He made an arse of himself and if any women publically made comments of that nature, she'd be copping more ordinary press than anything Sam has copped.

I like how she doesn't drag this through BTG. Her only comment on the issue on her show was that she stood by her article.

Opened up The Age website today, and this is the top story. Talk about a non event.

I am not sure whether you actually get the fact that Sam Newman's attitude and school boy behaviour is going to end up costing Channel 9 some of its major sponsors.

Sam Lane is driving it hard, because she speaks for many women who go to the football and are involved in the football.

I don't agree with what Newman said in regards to that, but I think the over-reaction to this whole incident has been appaling. This has gone on for weeks now, and it is probably time people let it go.

I mean seriously, a woman is suing Nine because they said she reserved two tables at the Footy Show, which she did. What part of this is defamitory?

couldn't agree more mate, but there was fuel being thrown by both ends. Its been constantly blow for blow. The footy show and the Age are as guilty as each other.

If i remember rightly Sam Newman said on last weeks Footy Show that The Age were full of 'hack' journalists except Robert Walls,when you have Caroline Wilson & Samantha Lane running with the lead stories he would then be 100% right!

Yeah but if he doesn't include Robert Walls then hes still wrong no matter the calibre of the other journalsts. (Makes you wonder why he singled out Robert Walls to be excluded? Are they mates or does Walls' have something on him? Or is it because Walls' is on a show where they will talk about it?)

That is pure bullshit, and both you and I know that.

are you serious? Makes it hard to draw parallels because there are few female dominated sports or organisations in the world. For the sake of this argument lets assume Netball was a little more high profile in Australia. A prominent female netballing war horse and media junky comes out and says there are no place for men in netball.......

I'm thinking she might cop some pretty bad press.

are you serious? Makes it hard to draw parallels because there are few female dominated sports or organisations in the world. For the sake of this argument lets assume Netball was a little more high profile in Australia. A prominent female netballing war horse and media junky comes out and says there are no place for men in netball.......

I'm thinking she might cop some pretty bad press.
Sam never said that. He said a lot of women get on footy club boards to increase their media exposure/profile, and that the women who signed the letter added someone who did not want to be added and another that acquired tickets and a table even after critising said show.

I think everyone thought this issue was dead and buried after an apology was issued, but the age have seen fit to persue this for another 2 weeks, would you expect TFS to say nothing in it's defence?

It's getting worse........ a print media journalist writing an article about a sponsor of a TV show symbolically not advertising during the airing of the show, but not actually pulling any advertising dollars, in order to support the cause of another print media journalist who supposedly writes about AFL, but not anything that actually happens on the field, who has accepted the apology of the TV show a number of weeks ago.

It must be so difficult coming up with articles each week about a game they don't actually know anything insightful about.

Listening to her on ABC radio on the weekends she comes across as a giggling little annoying girl.

Having said that she is not as annoying as that one eyed Carltank supporting w***er of a father she has.

It's getting worse........ a print media journalist writing an article about a sponsor of a TV show symbolically not advertising during the airing of the show, but not actually pulling any advertising dollars, in order to support the cause of another print media journalist who supposedly writes about AFL, but not anything that actually happens on the field, who has accepted the apology of the TV show a number of weeks ago.

It must be so difficult coming up with articles each week about a game they don't actually know anything insightful about.

Well said. It's amazing she is paid to be a journalist. I shudder to think how much she would get a week to produce such groundhog day crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and caro was hoping that this issue would be dead and buried (saw on 3aw last week)

I'm sceptical about this. If she wants it to go away, why didn't she get wind of Sam Lanes article and try to head it off?

I think she is spoiling to get back at Sam and TFS but is desperate to not make it appear that way, so she is getting others to do her dirty work.

Sam shot himself in the foot by saying a woman never belongs on the board of a club.

Other than that comment he is 100% in the right and I fully support his stunt and what he has said.

ANZ = disgrace

Has our society really sunk this low?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/footy-show-ban-first/2008/05/22/1211182957494.html

I will not be renewing a term deposit i have with them in protest over thier pathetic actions. Its not millions, but if others follow and boycott them for home loans etc we can all really make this hurt ANZ.

Cant believe they would interfere in such a non-issue like this. It smacks of corporate social engineering at its worst. Everyone knows that the footy show takes the p!ss out of everyone. If you dont like it, change the channel. Simple.

Re: ANZ = disgrace

Cant believe they would interfere in such a non-issue like this. It smacks of corporate social engineering at its worst. Everyone knows that the footy show takes the p!ss out of everyone. If you dont like it, change the channel. Simple.

Thats what ANZ are doing!

Yep, it is an outrage, it is ridiculous and a sign of how pathetic the times have become. It is even worse than all those dead and displaced in burma and china due to natural disasters and the fact that MP Orkanopopopopolous only got 9 years for 30 counts of offences of sexual nature against young boys in a position of trust.

Bloody ANZ, scum of the earth

Do they really think this will help their reputation. No one likes banks anyway so why would this make any difference. :confused:

Great marketing ploy by them.

Not having to spend one extra cent (and not cost Ch9 any either) whilst getting their name out in the media more.

Companies don't generally care why they are in the media, just the fact that their name is getting free air time is the victory they strive for.

They redirect their advertising time, VB on cricketers hats, doesn't really matter as long as someone is talking about it.

Has our society really sunk this low?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/footy-show-ban-first/2008/05/22/1211182957494.html

I will not be renewing a term deposit i have with them in protest over thier pathetic actions. Its not millions, but if others follow and boycott them for home loans etc we can all really make this hurt ANZ.

Wakey,wakey,hands off snakey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back