Sam Lane- brown-nosing to Caro again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ANZ = disgrace

The only thing that surprises me about this is the claim that its the first time an advertiser has withdrawn its dollars from certain time slots. In fact, I am amazed if it doesn't happen regularly. Advertisers spend a lot of money targetting their designated markets. If ANZ has decided - however it is dressed up - that it doesn't want to be associated with a certain programme, so what? There are numerous programmes which certain advertisers would never have advertised during, as opposed to ceasing to advertise during but it's really no different.

I'd have thought there are many many reasons to get pissed off with ANZ (and the rest of the big banks) but railing against them deciding not to advertise during the footy show surely has to be at the trivial end of the scale. No doubt others will be ready to take over their time slots. And if they're not, it's a signal to C9 that the show needs updating.

I am sick to death of all of you idiots constantly attacking the messenger. The story is about the ANZ Bank and the Footy Show, not Sam Lane.

Below is an article on The Age by Matthew Ricketson. Where is the thread about how he is brown-nosing Caro? You're all misogynist hypocrites :rolleyes:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--r...1211182957494.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

That story only appeared on The Aged website an hour ago [12.30pm it says] and it's a follow-up to the story started by Sam Lane.

Good on them I say - the footy show is full of blokes just big noting themselves and eachother anyway, just having a bit of a party on a thursday evening. I wouldn't want a product I had control of being assosiated with them. Leave it the Jim Beam's of this world.

C'mon... This was purely a commercial decision by ANZ. They didn't come out and proclaim "social responsibility" bullshit or avoiding TFS on moral grounds. They simply asked that the new add they were airing not be showed in this time slot as it didn't fit the target audience for which it was designed.

Blaim the journo's for putting a spin on it.

C'mon... This was purely a commercial decision by ANZ. They didn't come out and proclaim "social responsibility" bullshit or avoiding TFS on moral grounds. They simply asked that the new add they were airing not be showed in this time slot as it didn't fit the target audience for which it was designed.

I think this is spot on.

They feel as though they are not reaching the audience that they want to, so are pulling the ads from that timeslot.

I am sick to death of all of you idiots constantly attacking the messenger. The story is about the ANZ Bank and the Footy Show, not Sam Lane.

Below is an article on The Age by Matthew Ricketson. Where is the thread about how he is brown-nosing Caro? You're all misogynist hypocrites :rolleyes:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--r...1211182957494.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Read the story again. It's an attack by the ANZ on the pensioners. They didn't pull the advertising on Big Brother, but because their market is "young women" they pulled it.
As I said, the ANZ raise the interest rate above the RBA rate, hurting families, which women are members, yet pull this crap.
Sam Lane probably couldn't give a s**t considering she works for channel 10.

it appears ANZ is getting more coverage by withdrawing their ads then by paying to have them!

who really cares - i flick to foxsports in the ad breaks anyway.

I can’t see why anyone can complain about the decision. You can argue about the merits of it but surely ANZ can make decision based on whatever they deem appropriate. It seems like grandstanding and I can’t see how they will end up with any real gain but they have obviously decided otherwise. The only thing I’d really query is whether the whole things is relevant given the Wizard association.

So, did any of you guys ever associate TFS with the ANZ because of adds placed at that time? Could be a car or hamburger add for all the difference it makes. Certainly won't miss it as advertising isn't the reason for watching any programme.

I just think it's hilarious people are buying their excuse to withdraw their advertising! :eek:

It's more likely they did their sums and realised that TFS advertising was not right for them and not reaching their market. Instead of pulling out and looking 'ballless' considering TFS is the most popular show in Australia they create a reason why they're doing it to appear all high and mighty.

I find the whole thing hilarious that they're getting a free ride from essentially pulling their marketing budget for TFS.

The fact that this is a 'first' shows how ridiculous it is. They couldn't care about 'womens rights' being degraded on TFS. It would be like Maccas coming out and saying they're not going to advertise between 4pm and 6pm as they've noticed too many children becoming obese. What a joke!

I'd have to agree with this. Newman's little mannequin stunt may have tipped things over the line as far as what the ANZ thought their target market would accept, or it may be using incidents like it as a tool to promote what they were going to do anyway, but would not be the grounds for withdrawing.

I'll start believing the ANZ has a conscience if they refuse Gunns funding for the death mill.

edit: Well, bugger me with a pitchfork sideways, maybe they do take their ethics and stuff seriously. There are reports the ANZ has refused funding for the mill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that surprises me about this is the claim that its the first time an advertiser has withdrawn its dollars from certain time slots. In fact, I am amazed if it doesn't happen regularly. Advertisers spend a lot of money targetting their designated markets. If ANZ has decided - however it is dressed up - that it doesn't want to be associated with a certain programme, so what? There are numerous programmes which certain advertisers would never have advertised during, as opposed to ceasing to advertise during but it's really no different.

I'd have thought there are many many reasons to get pissed off with ANZ (and the rest of the big banks) but railing against them deciding not to advertise during the footy show surely has to be at the trivial end of the scale. No doubt others will be ready to take over their time slots. And if they're not, it's a signal to C9 that the show needs updating.

Totally agree.

Has our society really sunk this low?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/footy-show-ban-first/2008/05/22/1211182957494.html

I will not be renewing a term deposit i have with them in protest over thier pathetic actions. Its not millions, but if others follow and boycott them for home loans etc we can all really make this hurt ANZ.

Cant believe they would interfere in such a non-issue like this. It smacks of corporate social engineering at its worst. Everyone knows that the footy show takes the p!ss out of everyone. If you dont like it, change the channel. Simple.
:cool:
have a cup of concrete and harden up

Good on them. How many ANZ customers in the AFL states are women? It is a no-brainer really.

Has our society really sunk this low?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/footy-show-ban-first/2008/05/22/1211182957494.html

I will not be renewing a term deposit i have with them in protest over thier pathetic actions. Its not millions, but if others follow and boycott them for home loans etc we can all really make this hurt ANZ.

Cant believe they would interfere in such a non-issue like this. It smacks of corporate social engineering at its worst. Everyone knows that the footy show takes the p!ss out of everyone. If you dont like it, change the channel. Simple.

You can get a better term deposit rate at 2 of the other big banks

This issue (sam newman and mannequin) was making news 5 weeks ago when i went to South America on Holidays - now i get back and its still making news.

What a small town mentality we really have in Australia.

The fact that this is still doing the media rounds is funny.

I can’t see why anyone can complain about the decision. You can argue about the merits of it but surely ANZ can make decision based on whatever they deem appropriate. It seems like grandstanding and I can’t see how they will end up with any real gain but they have obviously decided otherwise. The only thing I’d really query is whether the whole things is relevant given the Wizard association.

Correct ANZ is entitled to maintain its corporate policy on who they are associated with

Wizard are a 'sponsor' ANZ is a general advertiser who doesn't want their adverts run during the footy show

Listening to her on ABC radio on the weekends she comes across as a giggling little annoying girl.

I didn't know she was on the ABC. So let me get this straight she can declare income as a 'journalist' (and I use that term loosely) in her tax return from the following organisations:

The Age
ABC Radio
Ten Network.

Her old man can declare income from the following;

The Age
ABC Radio
Ten Network

I'm not making any conclusions, people can draw their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back