Sam Maclueless *Extreme Flog Warning*

The hate for this kid is a bit over the top honestly. He's secured some prominent media roles and is only 27-28 years old I think, so I suspect there may be an element of insecurity/tall poppy syndrome from some of his critics.

I can understand he looks a bit smug, but he generally seems to be half-glass-full rather than half-glass-empty in his analysis which is a nice change from some of the other journalists.

Not tall poppy, might be some who have a general annoyance with the “prominent” roles he has as he only got them due to who’s dick he came out of.

I can’t stand him due to a number of reasons, his head, the way he talks, his views, his head, that hair cut, his arrogance, how offended he gets if someone has a crack at him and of course his head.

You clearly went to private school with him though so say hi for me at your best reunion.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can’t stand him due to a number of reasons, his head, the way he talks, his views, his head, that hair cut, his arrogance, how offended he gets if someone has a crack at him and of course his head.

Hah. What is it about his head that you find so unappealing?

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
sam.jpg

Sam McClure reading BigFooty in a tuxedo.

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

FEBRUARY 01, 2019

Channel 7 has confirmed that it has severed ties with Sam McClure and that he won’t be part of Talking Footy or Footy Central in 2019.
Sources at Seven say that McClure was offered a full-time role reporting sport for Seven News but declined the job.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
A bit of shots fired from the Hun there. Something tells me there's not a lot of love lost between outlets in footy media.

To read that Tom Browne is in contention for McClure's spot on Talking Footy sends shivers down the spine.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

FEBRUARY 01, 2019

Channel 7 has confirmed that it has severed ties with Sam McClure and that he won’t be part of Talking Footy or Footy Central in 2019.
Sources at Seven say that McClure was offered a full-time role reporting sport for Seven News but declined the job.

giphy.gif

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit of shots fired from the Hun there. Something tells me there's not a lot of love lost between outlets in footy media.

To read that Tom Browne is in contention for McClure's spot on Talking Footy sends shivers down the spine.

I find most commentary about how AI is going to take over our lives (and jobs) pretty repetitive, boring and lazy attention seeking.
Here, I find a compelling case for how it will improve my life.

(Actually I watch/listen to no media that McClure is on - so that is likely a default), lets face it the 5 minutes of the rebooted Talking Footy I saw was an absolute FlogFest.

Both shows were s**t regardless of McClure. Why anyone would think Tom Browne is any improvement. McClure and Browne should be lessons of why nepotism rarely works in media, especially sports media. Even more so with Browne, classic silver spooner

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ll never forget where I was when I heard the news.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The main reason I’d suggest people don’t like him or warm to him is he just comes across as very very arrogant.

That’s him but it’s not endearing.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hmm, I wonder if the big-shot ex-players on Talking Footy got rid of him because they can't cop him
You could tell he didn't get along with Darcy and often ruffled the duck's feathers too. I liked that McClure rarely backed down from those flogs (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).
s**t haircut and there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance but McClure isn't anywhere near as floggish as Tom Browne, Kane Cornes, Mark Stevens et al

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You could tell he didn't get along with Darcy and often ruffled the duck's feathers too. I liked that McClure rarely backed down from those flogs (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).
s**t haircut and there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance but McClure isn't anywhere near as floggish as Tom Browne, Kane Cornes, Mark Stevens et al
They’re all flogs.

Why these guys need to convey such arrogant self regard...

?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, no doubt some of the angst was showbiz, but at times I reckon he genuinely annoyed them, especially Brown and Darcy

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
* off McNure.

Back