Sam Mayes

Remove this Banner Ad

Not his night from what I've gathered. And disappointing to hear as well.

I am still somewhat optimistic for him though. If Scooter is injured he will have to crank up the training intensity and prepare the tank for round 1. Today was rough for him, let's hope he shows more athleticism in next weeks hit out against Adelaide
Do your research pal!

Not his night from what I've gathered. And disappointing to hear as well.

I am still somewhat optimistic for him though. If Scooter is injured he will have to crank up the training intensity and prepare the tank for round 1. Today was rough for him, let's hope he shows more athleticism in next weeks hit out against Adelaide
M not H

In compensation for the mistake, I will at least say that Sam Mayes has had a really energetic preseason by the sounds of it. I'd like to see him in the 22 at major level nut unsure of a defiant position he can have consistent impact in.

I feel like he can be more than just a super - sub, but want to see him up the ground around goals more instead of a simple half back runner.

Always had a soft spot for Mayes, for reasons that aren't even particularly apparent to me. Hope he does well with wherever the future takes him. Would be very happy to see him take over Sutcliffe's role.

Always felt his career at the Lions was ruined by the coaches forcing him to play half back when he was a natural half forward in his junior days. Some journo claimed we'd wasted our pick when we drafted him, I guess whoever it was is patting himself on the back now.

Gave everything he has whether at AFL or sanfl level, whatever role he was handed he took it on wholeheartedly.

Never ever just made up the numbers at sanfl level, always played to win.

Had a couple of supersub moments which will always be fondly remembered.

Would be a good sanfl marquee choice next season.

I’ll always remember him for the game against Sydney last year when he got pulled out of the SANFL game at half time to become the sub then came on in the last quarter and kicked a goal to put us in front.
Seemed like a great guy who was happy to do whatever was needed of him at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surj really seems to be taking advantage of his Port contacts

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
North Adelaide's midfield next year will have Jesse White/Mitch Harvey as a ruck combo, Young, Combe, Mayes and Moore.

Will be a massive test for our midfield group of Hayes/Visentini with Drew, Dumont, Mead and Sutcliffe.

North Adelaide's midfield next year will have Jesse White/Mitch Harvey as a ruck combo, Young, Combe, Mayes and Moore.

Will be a massive test for our midfield group of Hayes/Visentini with Drew, Dumont, Mead and Sutcliffe.
Surely Sutts doesn't keep the skipper's gig next year!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back