Sam McClure

Remove this Banner Ad

We're just a cash cow for them.

Footy is an industry itself in Melbourne. A very unique one at that
Run by men who don't understand the term conflict of interest.

While I think “Ginger Nuts” is a Victorian centric hack...... with a negative view of the Crows (Carlton fan, from what I know). It’s a bit hard to have a real go at him with his coverage of us. He got the Lever meeting the Dees in the NT right last year when the club and Lever denied it. Quite frankly the way the club has handled s**t so incompetently this year and consistently found to be lying I am inclined to be swayed by his news.

While I think “Ginger Nuts” is a Victorian centric hack...... with a negative view of the Crows (Carlton fan, from what I know). It’s a bit hard to have a real go at him with his coverage of us. He got the Lever meeting the Dees in the NT right last year when the club and Lever denied it. Quite frankly the way the club has handled s**t so incompetently this year and consistently found to be lying I am inclined to be swayed by his news.
I just wrote this over on the main board... probably repeat it here.. apologies if it’s long winded;

See the problem with the Internet is that with one simple google search you can quite easily find articles and quotes from the past.. The following two popped up straight away from just last year..

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/06...-in-race-for-in-demand-crows-forward-mcclure/

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/01/brothers-set-to-dock-west/

Seems McClure has a bit of a thing for Mitch.. seems he believes he knows more than everyone else about what McGovern is/wants to do... he’s the basis of the second article and mcclures ramblings in August last year ;

“It was put to me yesterday that he wants to play that the idea is that he wants to play with his brother at Fremantle and that Jeremy will end up at Fremantle as well…in a couple of years’ time when he (Jeremy) is out of contract,” he said.
SEN news breaker Sam McClure reported that Mitch McGovern was offered in the realms of $350,000 per season by Adelaide with rival clubs prepared to pay him up to $750,000 a year”.

Claimed that McGovern wanted to go to freo last year and also that adelaide was only offering him $350,000 a season.. ah, history shows he was wrong on both counts.

In the first article he rambled on again about Mitch;

Sam McClure believes West Coast are not the only club in the running to recruit Adelaide’s Mitch McGovern should he not opt to sign on with the Crows, believing a number of Victorian clubs are interested in the tall forward.
The 22-year-old remains out-of-contract for next season, with the prevailing thought the forward is seeking a move back to his native Western Australia to link up with his brother Jeremy McGovern at the Eagles.
However McClure says the lure of a promising tall forward for many Victorian clubs, namely Carlton, means that a move back to Perth should he want to leave Adelaide is by no means a certainty.”

Ahahahahaha.... and of course in this article he tries to somehow link Mitch to guess who.... Carlton!!... what a surprise from a bloke who’s essentially a mouthpiece for the Carlton football club..

One look through the pages of the internet and up jump dozens and dozens of examples of things this little flog has assured us he has the inside word on and in the end they never eventuate... yet a couple of things he says do/did happen (like Lever meeting Melbourne mid season) and everyone all of a sudden goes ”oooooh, he’s in the know” and have completely forgotten all the massive amount of crap he hasn’t gotten correct..

throw a few stinking turds at a wall and every now then you’ll get one to stick basically sums up this bell ends talent.. what’s the bet the next thing he does is link Mitch to Carlton yet again... and then claim the trade should be in the order of a second round draft pick..

I just wrote this over on the main board... probably repeat it here.. apologies if it’s long winded;

See the problem with the Internet is that with one simple google search you can quite easily find articles and quotes from the past.. The following two popped up straight away from just last year..

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/06...-in-race-for-in-demand-crows-forward-mcclure/

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/01/brothers-set-to-dock-west/

Seems McClure has a bit of a thing for Mitch.. seems he believes he knows more than everyone else about what McGovern is/wants to do... he’s the basis of the second article and mcclures ramblings in August last year ;

“It was put to me yesterday that he wants to play that the idea is that he wants to play with his brother at Fremantle and that Jeremy will end up at Fremantle as well…in a couple of years’ time when he (Jeremy) is out of contract,” he said.
SEN news breaker Sam McClure reported that Mitch McGovern was offered in the realms of $350,000 per season by Adelaide with rival clubs prepared to pay him up to $750,000 a year”.

Claimed that McGovern wanted to go to freo last year and also that adelaide was only offering him $350,000 a season.. ah, history shows he was wrong on both counts.

In the first article he rambled on again about Mitch;

Sam McClure believes West Coast are not the only club in the running to recruit Adelaide’s Mitch McGovern should he not opt to sign on with the Crows, believing a number of Victorian clubs are interested in the tall forward.
The 22-year-old remains out-of-contract for next season, with the prevailing thought the forward is seeking a move back to his native Western Australia to link up with his brother Jeremy McGovern at the Eagles.
However McClure says the lure of a promising tall forward for many Victorian clubs, namely Carlton, means that a move back to Perth should he want to leave Adelaide is by no means a certainty.”

Ahahahahaha.... and of course in this article he tries to somehow link Mitch to guess who.... Carlton!!... what a surprise from a bloke who’s essentially a mouthpiece for the Carlton football club..

One look through the pages of the internet and up jump dozens and dozens of examples of things this little flog has assured us he has the inside word on and in the end they never eventuate... yet a couple of things he says do/did happen (like Lever meeting Melbourne mid season) and everyone all of a sudden goes ”oooooh, he’s in the know” and have completely forgotten all the massive amount of crap he hasn’t gotten correct..

throw a few stinking turds at a wall and every now then you’ll get one to stick basically sums up this bell ends talent.. what’s the bet the next thing he does is link Mitch to Carlton yet again... and then claim the trade should be in the order of a second round draft pick..

And people’s attention spans and memory only lasts a few seconds these days so a journalist can completely make something up and get the desired response and the next day it’s onto the next issue and they aren’t held to any kind of account or standards. Just look at Rucci who can say anything he likes against the Crows and hide behind ‘can’t reveal my sources’ (even though he has none whatsoever and everyone knows it). So why wouldn’t journalists just make s**t up and run with it to boost their profile and page hits etc? No one loses their job over this in fact the only way you’ll lose your job is if you DONT generate clicks etc so you have to make s**t up.

I know next to nothing about Sam McClure other than his s**t haircut, but that's enough for me to decide that he's probably a tool and not worth listening to.

I mean, let's be honest. Just look at this guy.

TrAPKFX.png
041f3fe789b1e93bc61f814cd9b330b1

:think:

We make it real easy for pond scum journalists like maclure. If we lose contracted players end of year due to CM which the rumours state we will then chapman, roo, burton, pyke need to stand down for being derilect in their duty to the club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was odd when interviewed by Cornes/Blight when asked, "have you spoken to the Crows" about these claims or "have you sought comment from the Crows" he flat out said no I haven't.

I would have thought one basic thing before publishing any kind of explosive claims against and person/organisation would be to seek comment from them.

If nothing more it suggests to me he has no respect for the club, probably one who sooks about them being closed shop so thinks stuff it ill say what I want and not even try get a quote from them
The Rucci playbook...

Just watched the flog on 7 who mentioned that the club have had a tough week on the back of the pre season camp issues (which he brought up as an issue)

Then went to grabs of Pyke who mentioned there were some learnings that were dealt with months ago and ******** Mclure uses that as justification for his bullshit that he spins at the start of the week...

I can't even.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just watched the flog on 7 who mentioned that the club have had a tough week on the back of the pre season camp issues (which he brought up as an issue)

Then went to grabs of Pyke who mentioned there were some learnings that were dealt with months ago and ******** Mclure uses that as justification for his bullshit that he spins at the start of the week...

I can't even.....

Think his styling gel is getting to him.

He is the product of the 24 news cycle for afl. Someone with such a lack of substance and creditability would not have been heard without social media.

It's his MO...

Step 1: Make up a story at the start of the week and claim it as news.
Step 2: fuel the story more mid week on SEN and Talking Footy
Step 3: Use his spot on Friday footy to report on the news he made up claiming it as fact.
Step 4: rinse and repeat

He is the product of the 24 news cycle for afl. Someone with such a lack of substance and creditability would not have been heard without social media.
Agreed. He's the product of CROCMEDIA turning afl reporting into woman's day coverage, were the football is second to gossip and rumours. Crocmedia would definitely use bigfooty as a resource and report it as fact. All the negative stories about the crows since the grandfinal have all come from Crocmedia employees.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has Mitch McGovern refuted this rumor?

As far as I know, his manager has said something to defuse the current hyperbole going on. However, I’m yet to read or hear any public comment from Mitch?

Yes Lever did say “he has not spoken to the Melbourne Football Club”, but we now know his manager would have done the negotiations on his behalf removing any dishonesty to his words.

Wasn't his late Father in the media?

Only reason he has a job most likely. It's who you know.

Can we stop this crap about nepotism.

Yes he most likely got the job using it but he has managed to keep it.

Nepotism exists in every industry. 95% of people employed will know a story where someone was hired using nepotism as a guide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back