Player Watch Sam McLarty (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanting to get an idea on how this bloke is going as I haven't been able to watch any vfl games this year?

For people who have been tracking him is he looking good? I had high hopes for him but I think I remember someone saying it was McLarty on McCartin when he kicked 7 goals which isn't good :/

Interesting player, he runs the gamut of freakish moments where he does something fantastic with occasional terrible blunders. All heart, gives 110%. Kicking pretty inconsistent.
His general running is so stiff and looks incredibly slow, but when he gets the footy and goes he has surprising acceleration and him bursting out of defense is very exciting. His potential weapon is overheard marking, rises very high and hits the pack hard. When he gets a bit stronger he'll take a few more because at the moment he's getting exposed when the ball hits the deck after trying to mark rather than spoiling. Hopefully his body stays together because his style of play is very combative and he puts it all on the line.

Interesting player, he runs the gamut of freakish moments where he does something fantastic with occasional terrible blunders. All heart, gives 110%. Kicking pretty inconsistent.
His general running is so stiff and looks incredibly slow, but when he gets the footy and goes he has surprising acceleration and him bursting out of defense is very exciting. His potential weapon is overheard marking, rises very high and hits the pack hard. When he gets a bit stronger he'll take a few more because at the moment he's getting exposed when the ball hits the deck after trying to mark rather than spoiling. Hopefully his body stays together because his style of play is very combative and he puts it all on the line.

McLarty Slow? Slow is the last thing I would Call Him

He's not ready.

KPP's take time, let him learn his craft at VFL level and play him from Round 1 next year.

Might play a Few AFL Games Late in the Season IF season goes as expected and we are in the Bottom 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So his Problem he Over-Commits to a Mark so when he Misses he is in the Wrong Postion

Was hoping he could jag a senior game late in the season...but with only 5 VFL games left (unless we make finals)... I'd rest him and if it requires a tweak, I'd operate now so he can have as full a preason as possible.

I've always thought this would be the perfect game to debut Sammy against the Crows with their plethora of tall forwards. And it is.

Just hope his ankle is OK after being kicked in the leg trying to smother a ball in the second quarter on Sunday. If that's fine, this is the game to play him for sure.

Yeah he's not ready but we are talking about the only young key position player we have in the VFL. The only one (not counting rookies). We need to give him a taste of senior footy before the year is out.

He's already better then Henry Schade, not that its hard to do that.

Came back on so can't be super serious. Was really finding some good form over the last couple of weeks. Hope he's not out for too long, if at all.
Wasn't listed on the injury report this week so fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back