Player Watch Sam McLarty (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he has had bad timing with the injury earlier in the season because before that I think he would have been picked before Mihocek on earlier form.I think both he and M.Lynch are coming along fine and Brodie has really grabbed his chance But Sammy when fit will come into the picture.

At the start of the season it looked a good idea to play him forward but after all the injuries we could have done with his size and presence down back.He looked pretty good down back at the end of last season and probably that,s where we need him to succeed.

Yeah he wasnt at his best but have seen enough this year particularly a patch maybe 3-6 weeks ago where I thought he was really close. Also think he is one that will play better up a level. Honestly being a forward in that side would be hard. It was chalk and cheese the way the ball got delivered between the two teams yesterday.

Any player comparison you can give Snoop?
Would be a McGovern type?
Doesn't look like it in the ruck so i'm not sure I'd like to see him in there again.

The big question over summer is do we continue to use him as a forward ruck next season or do we move him down back. I think we should move him back to defence.

That'll be determined by our trading & drafting I'd assume. I like him in defence but was surprised at just how well he took to the forward line. I think the ruck was more about limited alternatives and aimed at getting him into games and to build the tank. Not sure it's a longer term option.

Longer term see him as the Dunn replacement.
Big strong and vice like in marking.

Moore CHF so the two would be our long term planks- and both can assist with rucking down back.

Sam has great attitude so I’m very sure he’ll leave nothing to make it.
He’s a big big boy and they do mature slowly.

That’s why May at a high price is not that appealing to me overall.

Imagine longer term:

Scharenberg ~ McLarty ~ Langdon
Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp

with Maynard the 7th player supporting.

Looks good to me

Longer term see him as the Dunn replacement.
Big strong and vice like in marking.

Moore CHF so the two would be our long term planks- and both can assist with rucking down back.

Sam has great attitude so I’m very sure he’ll leave nothing to make it.
He’s a big big boy and they do mature slowly.

That’s why May at a high price is not that appealing to me overall.

Imagine longer term:

Scharenberg ~ McLarty ~ Langdon
Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp

with Maynard the 7th player supporting.

Looks good to me

That backline makes me very very happy.

Yeah he wasnt at his best but have seen enough this year particularly a patch maybe 3-6 weeks ago where I thought he was really close. Also think he is one that will play better up a level. Honestly being a forward in that side would be hard. It was chalk and cheese the way the ball got delivered between the two teams yesterday.

Good Point the Delivery into Forward Line was Horrendous yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big question over summer is do we continue to use him as a forward ruck next season or do we move him down back. I think we should move him back to defence.

I say IF we miss May then Send Him back

Francis sure Loved it.

Weather okay but Rain is Forecast this week up here

Say hi to my Mum for me. Gotta get up there again soon... Beautiful part of the World!!

Looks completely different to the player we saw in the first half of the year in terms of mobility. Makes me think he's carrying something.

He certainly was. He couldn't move around the ground and hardly jumped. The commentary team said the same.

Reckon it was his ankle again.

Before he injured it he was almost ready for AFL.

He'll make it, wouldn't be surprised if it takes another year.

Any player comparison you can give Snoop?
Would be a McGovern type?
Doesn't look like it in the ruck so i'm not sure I'd like to see him in there again.

I think he is played out of position. I watched him a lot as a junior and he spent far more time at CHB. In that role you could argue he was a Steven May type. Big solid unit, not often beaten, could read the ball well, good hands but who wasnt hugely offensive but good enough to go through when required.

His first year was slow which is to be expected and then he really picked it up around finals and that last game he was terrific displaying all the attributes above. Must have intercepted around 4-5 balls and looked good. Hence I was bemused when they switched him forward. He did have stints there at TAC level but how many backs at TAC level do you know who go on and become gun forwards?

I thought when he came here he was either injured,or was injured very early in the season which held him back in his 1st season when he is up and going he is a good prospect.I would not be writing him off this early if things had happened differently he may well have been in the 1st,s already and the club obviously thought it was a good idea to play him forward.

As per WHE via Collingwood Twitter he is signed until 2020

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...tus-2018-updated.1198239/page-2#post-57708734

Jz8mTSP.gif

I thought when he came here he was either injured,or was injured very early in the season which held him back in his 1st season when he is up and going he is a good prospect.I would not be writing him off this early if things had happened differently he may well have been in the 1st,s already and the club obviously thought it was a good idea to play him forward.

Yeah, had post TAC season surgery for a shoulder injury from memory which delayed his preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back