Recommitted Sam Menegola [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb move to let go of Menegola to get Isaac Smith.

Where does he head?

More chance than the average pundit gives it especially with a long term deal. Suspect dockers are trying to say we will give you a thrashing next free agency period if you're semi keen.

He'll get a contract increase in his next contract, if he performs as well as he did this year. Going to have a few more retirements end of 2022, so there'll be plenty of cash for him if he puts in seasons like this one again. Locked in the wing role, and now we'll have Smith on the other (which will push Blics back).

Loves Geelong, has a family, and I don't see him going back to the club that originally delisted him in Fremantle, as some WA papers have suggested, lol. Could happen, but more likely he gets a big pay increase when Selwood retires end of '22 (first year will be the same but will then go up substantially once Sel is gone)

He'll get a contract increase in his next contract, if he performs as well as he did this year. Going to have a few more retirements end of 2022, so there'll be plenty of cash for him if he puts in seasons like this one again. Locked in the wing role, and now we'll have Smith on the other (which will push Blics back).

Loves Geelong, has a family, and I don't see him going back to the club that originally delisted him in Fremantle, as some WA papers have suggested, lol. Could happen, but more likely he gets a big pay increase when Selwood retires end of '22 (first year will be the same but will then go up substantially once Sel is gone)
Menegola was in the AA squad.

I really don't understand the talk about him leaving, except WA media lie about things.

Geelong don't want him to leave and I bet Menegola doesn't want to go. Most likely Fremantle don't want a 28 year old player either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't understand the talk about him leaving, except WA media lie about things.

Geelong don't want him to leave and I bet Menegola doesn't want to go. Most likely Fremantle don't want a 28 year old player either.

Spot on. Doesn't work for anyone - except for the clickbait whores in the media, loll

How big of a pay rise will a 30 year old be getting?

I don't want him gone, pure speculation from a bored journo, but saying there will be plenty of cash in 2022 when he won't be far off retiring.

Last edited:

He will be 30 by 2022 i doubt he fits the age fremantle wants then and i doubt he wants to go back to fremantle of all places.

Yeah but what about if he did a serious injury next season. He could sign a great deal with another club, paying him what he’s worth right now. He doesn’t have long left in the game... especially with how your posters argue players go into decline after 28.

So he’s got to wait another two years for his pay increase at which point he’ll be 30?

His name popped up last year too.

Money talks. If Freo are offering a long term contract on good $, then he might want to get over there.

He hasn't had the luxury of big contracts throughout his playing career. He needs to think of himself, his family and his future. I wouldn't be turning down a contract that could set me up for life.

All rumour though. Who knows if there's even a grain of truth in it

Might be gettable, and his value right now is about as high as it will ever be.

AA squad, first rounder or GTFO ;)
Would happily give my first rounders for Menegola. One of the only Geelong players not to s**t the bed in the second half against Richmond.

Hed need to be taught how to play team first footy though and that would take a year.

Where did this come from? He's such a versatile and important player for us and I would think we'd be looking at extending his contract after free agency has finished and there is clarity about how best to structure it. Is this just journo's seeing a winger come in and thinking one of Duncan/Menegola will lose out? Crazy! Both Duncan and Menegola have the ability to play all over the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back