Toast Sam Menegola

Who should start in the centre bounce alongside Dangerwood?

• Menegola

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Horlin-Smith

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Duncan

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • S. Selwood

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Cockatoo

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect him to lift his form in the next final, but playing Sydney is a tough ask...

If we were playing any other team, then I'd expect a massive game from him in the next one.

Fair enough. Hadn't heard that, but agree with you there it's not a good look and to get the thread back on track, it's one of the things I really like about Menegola - whenever he's had to go back to the VFL he's shown the right attitude and dominated to show that he's too good for that level.

Horlin-Smith epitomises that attitude and it's a shame that his lack of pace and fumbly nature sets him back. He's a guy that everyone wants to see play well, the consummate professional. Never whinges, never complains. Always head down and bum up hard work.

Damn shame I doubt he'll amount to much more than he is at present.

He must never play as a forward ever again . MF
MF
MF
MF
MF
MF.

He can push forward as the game goes that way...but

MF
MF
MF
MF

Go Catters

Menegola is killing me. He's my "He's just a VFL player. back to the twos" He has been unable to put in 2 crap games in a row all season. If this keeps up I'll have to trade for him.

That's the stupid attitude that:

1 - Meant he wasn't picked at the start of the season (even after killing it late 2016)
2 - Was dropped after the dreadful team performance against the Pies

Motlop and Cam Gutrie are afforded crap, after crap, after crap, after crap performance... people instead make excuses for them. Menegola has had very few poor games in his career, yet a much larger % of great games than those 2 I've mentioned, who have much bigger reputation.

Gun. The kind of player the softies need there to make them look good. + Scott Selwood to that. These 2 players have mad a massive impact to our midfield, even if they're not in the flashy, quick, 'pretty' class.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This boy is vital to our success now for the next few years.
Hardness in the middle allows paddy ablett senior to be here and hopefully to be joined by gary ablett junior to be a dazzling duet for 18 and 19.
The longing!!!!!!!
But first..........
Bring on the 17 flag senior

He was a gun inside mid at Subiaco who could drift forward and hit the scoreboard , hey presto we play him in that role and he delivers in spades :)
Has become much better in the air and can find the right spots - combine that with his work ethic and endurance and you have the potential of a very good addition to the MF group

What impresses me about Menegola, because it is a critique of the forward line of mine, is he seems to be able to take marks in open space 30~40m in front of goal. That's something I see so many teams do, but not the Cats. Could just be appearances, but that's what I have noticed with him.

Mf pushing forward.
NOT Forward rotating in MF.

And yes, great hands taking marks and marks taller than he really is... a bit Bartel like actually in his making ability.

GO Catters

That's the stupid attitude that:

1 - Meant he wasn't picked at the start of the season (even after killing it late 2016)
2 - Was dropped after the dreadful team performance against the Pies

Motlop and Cam Gutrie are afforded crap, after crap, after crap, after crap performance... people instead make excuses for them. Menegola has had very few poor games in his career, yet a much larger % of great games than those 2 I've mentioned, who have much bigger reputation.

Gun. The kind of player the softies need there to make them look good. + Scott Selwood to that. These 2 players have mad a massive impact to our midfield, even if they're not in the flashy, quick, 'pretty' class.

Don't always agree with your Guthrie opinions, but with you 100% on Menegola. I just don't understand the criticism of him...he's hard at it....gives his all...has played less then 50 games yet appears regularly in our best....great scope to improve even more.

People should get off his back.

Don't always agree with your Guthrie opinions, but with you 100% on Menegola. I just don't understand the criticism of him...he's hard at it....gives his all...has played less then 50 games yet appears regularly in our best....great scope to improve even more.

People should get off his back.

The minute he produces against quality opposition in finals his back will feel lighter than a Daniel Menzel chase.

Back