Toast Sam Menegola

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work pagola was a like Mitch Duncan at his best but not quite as good. Overall some great performances in strong years and great story of persistence.

Worked hard, fantastic tank. Got some rewards, but never really seemed to be part of the plan.
Injury hampered (?) at the end, but still has something to offer for a club in the right phase.
I hope he can kick on somewhere else for a few more years.
Like many other players on our list, could've done better at another club where we would've been given a permanent spot.

Great story of perseverance and final success and achievement.
Missed the GF last year… prob deserved it after his 2020 effort..
Shame he never got AA list then too as prob earned it.

Best to him going forward.

Go Catters

with all of their retirements and a lack experience hopefully he gets a gig at West Coast

I doubt they take him as they want to rebuild but they should.

Just dropping in to say something - I always liked him as a player.

In the 2020 GF, that goal he kicked with 7 minutes to go was amazing. To take that great mark, than have to wait around for 10 minutes while his teammate gets carted off, THEN to dob it from way outside 50 to give his team a chance - if the Cats had gone on to win, that would have been heralded as one of THE greatest Grand Final moments in history. It is anyway.

I doubt they take him as they want to rebuild but they should.
Honestly, I think he'd have something to offer a team who is still in the premiership window next year and needs a midfielder who isn't necessarily special, but won't use a lot of rotations a la Ed Langdon.

If it weren't for the fact that we were pretty clearly out of flag contention this year, IMO he would have had a run in the senior team for the last month.

Just dropping in to say something - I always liked him as a player.

In the 2020 GF, that goal he kicked with 7 minutes to go was amazing. To take that great mark, than have to wait around for 10 minutes while his teammate gets carted off, THEN to dob it from way outside 50 to give his team a chance - if the Cats had gone on to win, that would have been heralded as one of THE greatest Grand Final moments in history. It is anyway.

I know. I feel very sorry for him bc that year he should have been AA and was one of our best and then was wrecked by injury and arguably still should have been a premiership player ahead of parfitt. Showed last night that he can still play and i hope he finds a club if he wants to play on. Incredibly hard worker too.

Hope he finds another home, might be a big ask given his knees and how much his game is built on his running.

Watched him a bit in his year he had at subi before he got drafted. Never seen a player so clearly above WAFL level in my life.

Glad he got to build a career for himself at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola was always there in the last quarter still running hard and making an impact at both ends.

Sam seems to have a good head on his shoulders so if he doesn’t get another opportunity, I expect he will do well off the field in whatever he pursues.

Another of the “made the most of themselves and then some “ group…

Sam certainly stuck at it and when he got his chance with us made a great return from a pick 60 odd.

Should have had an AA at one point.
We certainly got his best and credit to him

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back