Toast Sam Mitchell 300 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Sam Mitchell, 300 games at AFL level is a great achievement.

I think at times he is slightly underrated, only the last few seasons people are realising how good he is. Great player and competitor

The way he's playing, maybe in 20 years time the players will be chairing him onto the field ready to play!
Playing one of his best ever seasons, an absolute legend of our club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Featurette they must have played before the game on TV yesterday had an interesting bit by Mitchell.

Related to something a few classless opposition supporters were banging on about in the main board version of this thread about how Mitchell wasn't liked by his teammates.

Basically Mitchell admitted he rubbed a few teammates the wrong way early in his career as he was very driven and was harsh on those who didn't keep the same high standards. But that those people who knew him back then meet him again now and can't believe how much more laid back he is now.

I found it hard to believe that this incarnation of Mitchell could be disliked en masse by his teammates. Everyone seems to love him and show great respect for him in HawksTV videos. Particularly since he's had kids he seems a lot less intense in his pursuit for greatness.

I love at the end how Sammy said after welsh said about the hard times and if he thought he'd never make it and Sam said he was so cocky he always thought he would !!! Ha ha funny stuff... Sam knew he'd make it

I have been following the Hawks for an eternity now, and one of the questions I hate being asked is who is the best Hawthorn player you have ever seen. Arthur, Knights, Matthews, Hudson, Brereton, Mew, Crimming, Platten and the list goes on and on, and is still being added to today. Mitch, Hodge. For a Hawthorn stalwart to answer this question is impossible. However what I can say is Sam Mitchell sits comfortably with all these names, and all the other champions I have missed. Langford, Dunstall, Edwards, Tuck ... you can see where I'm going here.:straining:

We have been, and are still so lucky to be part of one of the world's great sporting clubs.

Well done Mitch.

Overtook Shane Crawford for most games played for the Hawks last night, having played game 306. This puts him third on the club's all time list behind Tuck and Matthews.

Overtook Shane Crawford for most games played for the Hawks last night, having played game 306. This puts him third on the club's all time list behind Tuck and Matthews.

Tuck Ruck Rover
Matthews Rover
Mitchell in the Centre

Probably our best ever midfield line up.

Tuck Ruck Rover
Matthews Rover
Mitchell in the Centre

Probably our best ever midfield line up.
We'd need a ruckman Ida thought :p

Scott wasn't the greatest ruck, but he gave his heart and soul every time he pulled on our gurnsey, over 300 times!
Salmon, brilliant ruck but we saw him at the end of his career (imagine him as a ruckman from the get go, with stints resting forward, not the other way around!) :eek:
Spida, prick of a bloke apparently, but a sensational ruck (imagine him at his hawk best in our team now!) :eek:

We'd need a ruckman Ida thought :p

Scott wasn't the greatest ruck, but he gave his heart and soul every time he pulled on our gurnsey, over 300 times!
Salmon, brilliant ruck but we saw him at the end of his career (imagine him as a ruckman from the get go, with stints resting forward, not the other way around!) :eek:
Spida, prick of a bloke apparently, but a sensational ruck (imagine him at his hawk best in our team now!) :eek:

Have to go to Scott I think for overall contribution. Never saw him play but we have a lot as club to be thankful to him for. Might not be a Hawthorn without his efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back