News Sam Mitchell Heading home at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read on the AFL website that Mitchell has informed the Club he is off at seasons end.

Anyone know or heard what the go is.

I must say I am shocked and disappointed. Polite version.

Last edited:

Might be Barrett but AFL.com do not have a track record of reporting false news.

Concerning
Also reported by some random on here so I assume it’s legit.

Like I said in the other thread, fine if he has been approached to be senior coach, but seriously s**t if he is moving sideways to a similar role but back in Melbourne (or worse, back at Hawthorn)

Wonder what Clarkson is up to.

Weird I though he had struck Gold with his four year commitment.

Pretty pissed off if its true.

There is no way he is going back there without a firm contract. So yeah, he's already signed up somewhere

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The poster who broke this on Bigfooty a couple months ago claimed he had a falling out with Simpson and decided to pack his bags and move back to Melbourne. Seems he was right on the money. My guess is the club has know he was leaving for a while now.
No falling out, he’s good mates with Simpson. Four years was always going to be stretch with family and offers the Vic clubs would come up with.

Senior coaching spot at St Kilda or Carlton?

Hawks Board think Saints is the destination......... IMO way to soon to leap into that gig for Sammy.
Saints been through more coaches than any other Club in the last 30 years.

Patience needed Grasshopper.

Wow big news, has had a massive impact on what was once a soft and weak midfield. Always thought that this bloke would eventually make a gem of a coach and I think that many Vic teams are now seeing that.

Anyone think we should target someone like Jimmy Bartel for a coaching role, really loved his insight and knowledge of the game against the dogs.

Wow big news, has had a massive impact on what was once a soft and weak midfield. Always thought that this bloke would eventually make a gem of a coach and I think that many Vic teams are now seeing that.

Anyone think we should target someone like Jimmy Bartel for a coaching role, really loved his insight and knowledge of the game against the dogs.

Pretty settled in Melbourne from what I am told .... but really like your suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back