Sam Mitchell out for the next two

philohk

on holiday by mistake
Jun 18, 2008
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Serious? Let's hope it is just the two - that we can cope with. So, Ozzie? Sav?

Edit: Ozzie the emergency, of course. Or maybe Cheney, and Burgers to go into the middle.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Sometimes these injuries genuinely take time to become clear. Other times it's just a matter of not letting the opposition know in advance when a key player is out.

I personally think that this insistence on knowing as early as possible comes from supercoach and dream team. The reason I don't participate in those things is that just following Hawthorn is more than enough for me, in terms of deriving satisfaction from footy, and in terms of how much time I have to spend on following footy. Hawthorn don't take your supercoach team into account when they make these decisions and when they announce them, and nor should they.

STeeLhawk

Senior List
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Official Hawthorn Football Club page on Facebook said it's only general soreness. Take what you will from that I guess.

Oh crap, it's worse than we thought. So we'll be seeing him back April next year? :p

In all seriousness, get well and rested Mitch, we need you in September mate. :thumbsu:

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For what it is worth Clarko after the game said that Mitch trained well today and he wanted to play but they decided to take a safe approach and rest him.

For what it is worth Clarko after the game said that Mitch trained well today and he wanted to play but they decided to take a safe approach and rest him.

Good to hear. Give him a lazy 30 possies next week to limber up for the catters and everything's good. :thumbsu:

Fevola99

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cucamonga Cracker Killers
Either Clarko or the doctor is playing a team with Mitch in a prelim.

Back