No Oppo Supporters Sam Mitchell traded

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Mitchell plays I was expecting him to play on for another 3 years....If this trade goes through before Omera and Tom are signed our engine room will be hollow.

See ya Sammy.....you will be missed.

Don't expect much in return folks. This one is all abut what is best for Sam Mitchell's long term career in the game after his playing days are well and truly finished.

He's got another 30 years to coach and only one year of footy.

He can suit up there in 2018 after he goes all out here next year. Go out knowing he left it all out on the park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reasoning and the 'end game' is there for all to see, with JOM and TOM the prizes... but this feels like we're selling our soul. He is Hawthorn royalty! Stands beside the likes of Matthews, Dunstall, Hudson comfortably.

Despite the prize, I can't be happy with this, it will/would never sit comfortably.

100% this. Even if Tom and JOM can deliver us another flag in the coming years, it'll still be just a bit bittersweet that it cost us Sammy not retiring a Hawk.

I honestly thought this was another "Clarko will be gone" type of things. I can't believe it is actually a possibility of happening. Abasi is right, there is NO coincidence with this and the Croad video coming out yesterday. Whoever is pulling the strings on this (Clarko) knows it is going to be unpalatable to members and supporters and they wanted to get the message across that this has been done before and look how good it was.

That is fairly realistic I would have thought. 34, yes. Any sign whatsoever of slowing down over the last 3 years? No. He realistically has at least 2 amazing years of footy left and will be one of the best young coaches going around with his experience and footy nous. Luckily none of us have anything to do with the trading, but if you think Clarko and Simmo haven't worked out something fair for a 5 time Crimmins medal winner, 3 time AA and club great. You might need to get a bit more realistic. Somewhere between the sweet FA you think is right and the world that some of our supporters are asking for is where this will sit. First rounder will be the starting point and possibly some player movement our way and a swap of later picks
Mckenzie's name has previously been bandied around and this has been reinforced on trade radio
Clarko, Simmo and Mitch all involved - he could of gone anywhere if it's just for cap space considering a 1/3 of the afl is a Clarko disciple - even to Brisbane with Fages, so there's something more on the table than cap and job

Out of respect for you gents on this board I won't get into the nitty gritty, nor do I wish to s**t you off with my trade thoughts.

FWIW McKenzie is on a lot of money (600k or more).

Tom and JOM don't get number 5 if Sammy leaves. Let it rest for a few years. It's the least the club could do.
the club have already done a lot. they're helping him set up his future and regenerating the list to ensure our future.
while im sad to see him go i really like the way this has been handled. class act from all involved and how club legends should be treated.

plus he needs to get experience elsewhere before he comes back to us in a senior coaching role.

Don't expect much in return folks. This one is all abut what is best for Sam Mitchell's long term career in the game after his playing days are well and truly finished.

That's Rubbish - while this works for Sam there is no way Clarko wouldn't have a plan behind it so that both Sam and the club benefit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They couldn't have picked an angrier picture of Mitch on the AFL site. Really trying to twist this as a dirty move by the club to ditch a club champion. Mitchells words were pure class.

Then he can f**king go be an assistant coach at WCE AFTER he's finished he's playing career here!

Seriously, WTF????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back