sam mitchell v simon black

simon black v sam mitchell

• simon black

Votes: 128 66.0%
  • sam mitchell

Votes: 66 34.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Black(1715) is the #1 clearance player of all time. Sam Mitchell(1581) is #2.
Simon Black(3523) is the #1 contested ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(2965) is #4.
Simon Black(7580) is 8th highest ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(7443) is the 9th.

~ Sam averages more in both clearances and disposals per game
Simon Black(1715) is the #2 clearance player of all time. Sam Mitchell(1768) is now the #1.
Simon Black(3523) is the #1 contested ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(3330) is #3.
Simon Black(7580) is 10th highest ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(8502) is the 5th.
Simon Black(1283) is 10th highest for tackles of all time. Sam Mitchell is 16th with (1221)

Both have currently played 322 games.

Simon Black(1715) is the #2 clearance player of all time. Sam Mitchell(1768) is now the #1.
Simon Black(3523) is the #1 contested ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(3330) is #3.
Simon Black(7580) is 10th highest ball winner of all time. Sam Mitchell(8502) is the 5th.
Simon Black(1283) is 10th highest for tackles of all time. Sam Mitchell is 16th with (1221)

Both have currently played 322 games.

There are a lot more stoppages now than there were even 10 years ago. To put this in perspective there are approx 30 players who average 5 or more clearances a game nowadays, while 10 years ago there were only a few.

There are a lot more stoppages now than there were even 10 years ago. To put this in perspective there are approx 30 players who average 5 or more clearances a game nowadays, while 10 years ago there were only a few.
You might have a point if Mitchell was still a full time midfielder. Mitchell averaged more clearances in 2003, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12. So during their careers Black only average more clearances in 2002, 06 and both 13 and 14, note in 2013 Mitchell was moved away from a full time mid and was used cross the halfback line which is why his clearance numbers dripped.

You might have a point if Mitchell was still a full time midfielder. Mitchell averaged more clearances in 2003, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12. So during their careers Black only average more clearances in 2002, 06 and both 13 and 14, note in 2013 Mitchell was moved away from a full time mid and was used cross the halfback line which is why his clearance numbers dripped.

Don't ask me how but I had it in my head that Black retired a fair bit earlier than 2013. Figured there was at most a 50% lap in their careers and the difference in number of stoppages would be more significant.

Anyway you're stats have proved my wrong regardless. What are the exact numbers from circa 2002-2010 btw, i could only find recent ones.

Don't ask me how but I had it in my head that Black retired a fair bit earlier than 2013. Figured there was at most a 50% lap in their careers and the difference in number of stoppages would be more significant.

Anyway you're stats have proved my wrong regardless. What are the exact numbers from circa 2002-2010 btw, i could only find recent ones.

Mitchell: 3.44 (31) 6.42 (135) 6 (120) 6.7 (94) 6(132) 5.04 (116) 5.54 (133) 5 (110) 5.52 (105)

Black: 6.28 (157) 5.7 (149) 5.6 (140) 4.77 (86) 6.1(135) 4.09 (86) 5.47(115) 4.82 (111) 4.5 (81)

Two great champions.

One played a season, albeit his last, at my club.

Black the better player for mine - just.

Mitchell a class act, won a B&F in his second last season.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do you really think that a retrospective Brownlow is enough to bridge the gap of 61 to 116 in votes and swing them in Sammy's favor?
Ffs. It is MY OWN Opinion.

Other people have their opinion and I can have mine + why does it matter if it was retrospective. It is still a Brownlow. He was the best player that year that wasn’t piped up on drugs.

I’m not saying that everyone should think Sammy is better. It is my personal player that Sammy was a better player than Black over their careers.

You can disagree. I’m fine with that. Differing opinions are allowed. I was just pointing out that Sammy’s Brownlow wasn’t included in his accolades in the op & that I thought that Sammy was the better of the two. What is controversial about that?

Ffs. It is MY OWN Opinion.

Other people have their opinion and I can have mine + why does it matter if it was retrospective. It is still a Brownlow. He was the best player that year that wasn’t piped up on drugs.

I’m not saying that everyone should think Sammy is better. It is my personal player that Sammy was a better player than Black over their careers.

You can disagree. I’m fine with that. Differing opinions are allowed. I was just pointing out that Sammy’s Brownlow wasn’t included in his accolades in the op & that I thought that Sammy was the better of the two. What is controversial about that?
So Cotchin was piped up on drugs? Think you mean equal best player at most.

Everyone is entitle to an opinion, just seemed that you were basing Mitchel being better because of the Brownlow as though thats what it took to make Mitch superior.

Your orignal post was also very vague in general which didn't help..

So Cotchin was piped up on drugs? Think you mean equal best player at most.

Everyone is entitle to an opinion, just seemed that you were basing Mitchel being better because of the Brownlow as though thats what it took to make Mitch superior.

Your orignal post was also very vague in general which didn't help..
Talking about Watson. Thought that would be obvious. Why does it matter if it was equal best anyway

Back