Sam Mitchell vs Adam Goodes

Which player boasts the better football career?

• Adam Goodes

Votes: 93 45.4%
  • Sam Mitchell

Votes: 112 54.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes ... more damaging. As a fan I'd always be more worried about what Goodes would do than Mitchell

Goodes became under-rated the last few years by many moronic, revisionist fans

That is true goodes is underrated unfairly by many. Mitchell to a lesser degree cops a bit to by same said small minded fans.

I can't split them though.

Goodes was a great player and loved playing against Collingwood so I saw a lot of great games. Still I have Mitchell a level above. Has massive influence on games so frequently and great in big games.

The question asked was, "Which player boasts the better football career?" ...................... Individual awards are all well and good, but it's all about flags; and Mitchell's four trumps Goodes' two, so Mitchell has had "the better career" .................. Now if the question had been "Who was the better player?" or "Who could dominate more when on form?" I might have answered differently.

And for those who asked where Mitchell stood in Hawthorn's list of great players, Dunstall had him 3rd after Matthews and Hudson, considering only players that he'd seen.

yes, but this is a discussion comparing two players and not 2 teams so individual awards do matter.

Brownlows are irrelevant, show me this alleged elite performance in every position without appealing to awards.

I've said many times on these boards before that Goodes was proof that you could play 10 great games a year and 12 ordinary ones.

Mitchell just churns them out, week in, week out, season after season.

Snipping is a well earned draw.

Mitchell would have the edge as far as on ground leadership (I think external pressure and his daughters health (was that the same time?) made him give up captaincy).

Being a "dirty" player is probally a draw. Mitchell pretty much leads unsociable footy at Hawks and Goodes...well we all know about his dirty tactics as well.

At the players best Goodes by a fair margin. However at his worse he was as good as a traffic cone on the field.

Consistency. Well Mitchell is seriously one of the best players I have seen ever for this. Just never seems to have a bad game (as long as Ling isn't playing against him).

Off field persona. Mitchell wins. Extremely good public speaker and comes across as a real nice guy. Not even commenting on Goodes here.

Final vote. Goodes had higher highs. However Mitchell is a machine week in, week out. A draw for me, still voted Mitchell because I support Hawks :D.

BUMP. Sam Mitchell can now add a Brownlow medal to his 4 premierships and is pretty stiff not to have a norm smith. Captained a premiership as well.

Goodes ... more damaging. As a fan I'd always be more worried about what Goodes would do than Mitchell

Or overrated. Does anyone remember a really great Adam Goodes game? I sure don't. He averaged 17 disposals and a goal a game, all of it outside work.

Or overrated. Does anyone remember a really great Adam Goodes game? I sure don't. He averaged 17 disposals and a goal a game, all of it outside work.

Get your memory checked then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see Sammy get his dues....A fitting reward for the best center-man this century.:thumbsu:

Chris Judd, Gary Ablett, s**t on Sam Mitchell from a monumental height.

Bloke is a champion, no doubt - but he's not even the best of his own generation.

Ablett was a Rover, Judd a ruck-rover....Please read with care before going off, half-coqued.:)

Right, because the difference between a rover, ruck-rover and centreman is totally a thing today....

Well I grew up & started watching footy in the 70's....Which means I'm a footy purist....So, Yes.

"Right, because the difference between a rover, ruck-rover and centreman is totally a thing today...."

You missed a spot.

And I'm not in to claims of greatness when peers are clearly superior.

4 premierships
5 best & fairest (2nd behind the GOAT Barney)
1 Brownlow medal & the equal second most ever votes
300+ games
And the best center-man I've seen in my 43 years of watching the sport.

Says otherwise.;)

4 premierships
5 best & fairest (2nd behind the GOAT Barney)
1 Brownlow medal & the equal second most ever votes
300+ games
And the best center-man I've seen in my 43 years of watching the sport.

Says otherwise.;)

That's because you can't see in your old age.

Back