Sam Mitchell vs Jason Akermanis

Who was the better player

• Sam Mitchell

• Jason Akermanis

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premierships are irrelevant when comparing players from different teams. Mitchell was a good honest clubman overrated by deluded hawks supporters. Aker was a once in a generation footballer. Cya later

Premierships are irrelevant when comparing players from different teams. Mitchell was a good honest clubman overrated by deluded hawks supporters. Aker was a once in a generation footballer. Cya later

Strong on rhetoric, weak on facts.

Sammy was the essential cog to all the recent Hawk era premierships, & only a fool would claim otherwise.

Sammy 2x the Brownlow votes of Acker = Twice the player.

It really is a bad comparison for a poll, totally different players but both champions at their role in all time great eras for their clubs. I'd have them both in my team of the 21st century.

It really is a bad comparison for a poll, totally different players but both champions at their role in all time great eras for their clubs. I'd have them both in my team of the 21st century.

The whole point is that they are different. But you can only choose one as the better player.

The whole point is that they are different. But you can only choose one as the better player.
All good. I find it very difficult to choose the better player because they are totally different players, It's like asking who was the better player Jason Dunstall or Gary Ablett Jnr.

Now if you asked me who to choose out of Simon Black and Sam Mitchell that would be more apt and a hell of lot easier to compare.

You’re embarrassing yourself. That jab barb obviously stung.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Akker by the length of a straight. Genuine match winner, much more damaging than Mitchell.
Can win a game off his own boot. Sam can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Akker by the length of a straight. Genuine match winner, much more damaging than Mitchell.
Can win a game off his own boot. Sam can't.

Sure....That's why whenever a game was in the balance, he was the first bloke we'd look to get the ball into his hands, such was his use by hand & foot.

The outstanding centreman of the past 20 years versus an outside flanker.....Get real dude.

Sure....That's why whenever a game was in the balance, he was the first bloke we'd look to get the ball into his hands, such was his use by hand & foot.

The outstanding centreman of the past 20 years versus an outside flanker.....Get real dude.

Better than juddy? Take your hawthorn hat off champ. Chris judd is the best midfielder of the last 20 years comfortably.

Better than juddy? Take your hawthorn hat off champ. Chris judd is the best midfielder of the last 20 years comfortably.

He said centremen.

Judd was a ruck rover.

However I'd say only Judd and Ablett are better midfielders from the past 20 years.

If you are making a team of the last 20 years they both make the team - but Aker would start on the HFF while Mitchell probably is on the bench (Judd and Ablett starting in the same role). Not sure it says much when comparing the two of them though

Ruck: Cox
RR: Judd
R: GAJ
C: Mitchell

Ruck: Cox
RR: Judd
R: GAJ
C: Mitchell
I'd possibly be biased and put Black in the centre now I think about it.

But I think I come back to my point being that Aker is arguably the best in his position while Mitchell most would agree isnt (hard to be behind too guys who are close to all time great conversations). Then it comes down to preference - do you prefer a best in their position or a maybe third or 4th in another position that may be more valuable? its not an easy thing to answer

Judd > Ablett > Voss > Mitchell and a hairs breath to Black IMO, all great players though.

Personal preference as a player is Buckley over Voss for mine but I'm maybe discounting both in terms of time spent playing the past 20 years. They cross over but the 3 I mentioned have played their entire careers over this period.

No issue with your order though.

The outstanding centreman of the past 20 years versus an outside
Judd > Ablett > Voss > Mitchell and a hairs breath to Black IMO, all great players though.
You put Sam Mitchell ahead of Hird, Buckley and Riccuito?!! hahahahahahahaha
Actually now I think about it, I'd Have Sam Mitchell, Carey, Lockett, John Coleman, daylight then Dunstall as my top 5

Back