Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

Newk would have easily been tagged the most. It’s in his DNA, as soon as he sees the enemy/opponent he would run straight at them ………… to try and tackle them making him an easy target!

Yes, unless the AFL make their own specific isolation rules you only need to isolate now if you either have it or live with someone who has it.

However as we can see from the BBL and NBL at the moment if the Omicron variant gets into a team environment it will pretty much infect all the players straight away.

Which is why (slightly controversial opinion coming) it probably wouldn't be a bad result if the Hawks got it pre season.

It would infect the whole team, they have a week off pre season and then they are good to go. Would greatly reduce the risk of our players getting it mid season which would be very messy (and I think its a given that we are all getting covid sooner or later so it may as well be a mild variant)

this has happened! About 20 of the list got it over the break and the same can be said for most Vic clubs. Some clubs have a large contingent who’ve recovered on light duties this week as a precaution.

Most players will have had it and recovered well before practice matches and the season proper.

this has happened! About 20 of the list got it over the break and the same can be said for most Vic clubs. Some clubs have a large contingent who’ve recovered on light duties this week as a precaution.

Most players will have had it and recovered well before practice matches and the season proper.
Wow they certainly kept that quiet. I was only aware of one player, think it was Finn Maginess who was confirmed case at the club.

I did read today though that approx 200 players have already contracted it so about 20 at the Hawks would be on par.

Its simple maths

Its running out of people to infect
Yes, with lists of 40 odd players where anywhere from a third to halfway through the list with those who’ve now had it, the issue though is that they can get it again, and that it might effect some players more than others.

Mitch Lewis speak to RSN breakfast radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 news grab from Sic who was talking about a more attacking gameplan, how much Sam has changed since he was a player and that he always thought that he’d be a one club player(in response to a query about his free agency).

The video had some issues, so they must have taken it down to re-upload.

Sicily speaks about new coach, new gameplan, Free agency
The standard one club answer.
Didn't #23 say the same?
Yes I'm pretty sure he did.

Wasn't the most convincing of replies, immediately looking to the ground and then joking away the question. But the fact he basically said he wants to be captain is a good sign he wants to stay.

Yes I'm pretty sure he did.

Wasn't the most convincing of replies, immediately looking to the ground and then joking away the question. But the fact he basically said he wants to be captain is a good sign he wants to stay.

Would be concerned if a 26 year old said they'd re-sign immediately while their value is at the lowest its been in years. Would be looking to churn out some football to the quality of his 2018 and 2019 years before putting pen to paper.

The standard one club answer.
Didn't #23 say the same?

Every free agent or out of contract player who can trot out the one club player line will do so. Really not going to hang Sicily for using a cliché line that hundreds of footy players before him have done.

Would be concerned if a 26 year old said they'd re-sign immediately while their value is at the lowest its been in years. Would be looking to churn out some football to the quality of his 2018 and 2019 years before putting pen to paper.
Hmm maybe. Could go either way. I reckon the unknown tends to up value rather than the opposite. Club would certainly be sniffing and he’d have $ numbers being put in front of him based off his form from 2-3 years ago. If comes out and has an average year then his value would certainly drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back