Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

The best thing I have seen about Sam becoming coach is the positivity within the club. The sense we are going to get better. We are going to be more physically competitive. Hard to judge anything else about Sam yet as we haven’t even had our first practice match let alone played out a season under him but I’m yet to observe any outright negative outcomes thus far and I see no reason not to be 100% behind him. Go hawks!
No doubt about this. The players look waaaaay happier on the track, and from all reports, are working super hard.

Can't put a price on players enjoying their footy. I reckon was the key reason for the Dees climb up the ladder too.

No doubt about this. The players look waaaaay happier on the track, and from all reports, are working super hard.

Can't put a price on players enjoying their footy. I reckon was the key reason for the Dees climb up the ladder too.
When you move on a legendary leader there is always the risk a bunch players remain loyal to him and drag the group down in passive resistance to the change. Especially given the messy way it transpired. If that was ever a risk, Sam seems to have felt with it really well. Got to give him credit for the way he has guided the club into focusing on the future.

When you move on a legendary leader there is always the risk a bunch players remain loyal to him and drag the group down in passive resistance to the change. Especially given the messy way it transpired. If that was ever a risk, Sam seems to have felt with it really well. Got to give him credit for the way he has guided the club into focusing on the future.
Just like Clarko said, anyone who is unhappy with the change can move on. Sam will apply some of Clarkos methoids, mixed with his own.

People seem to forget Clarko nominated Mitchell as a potential Hawk coach to take over when he left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-230351_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-230351_Messenger.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 115
Just like Clarko said, anyone who is unhappy with the change can move on. Sam will apply some of Clarkos methoids, mixed with his own.

People seem to forget Clarko nominated Mitchell as a potential Hawk coach to take over when he left.

This is what amuses me with those who seem to have an axe to grind with Sam due to their devotion to Clarko. Clarko knew full well Mitchell was doing his coaching qualifications when at Hawthorn as a player. Clarko told Mitchell to take the West Coast gig to get exposure to another club environment as a way of enhancing his future goal of being a coach. Clarko got Sam back to Hawthorn as an assistant coach. Clarko told the board they needed to expedite their thinking on Sam taking over as coach when Collingwood approached him last year. Clarko is THE biggest influence and reason on Mitchell now being coach of the club - but those whose devotion seems to be Clarko first/Hawthorn second miss all these points entirely because the board didn't handle things all that well.

If you are a fan of Clarko's mind and humanity, which I am, then you have to be thrilled it is Sam taking over because it has Clarko's fingerprints all over it.

This is what amuses me with those who seem to have an axe to grind with Sam due to their devotion to Clarko. Clarko knew full well Mitchell was doing his coaching qualifications when at Hawthorn as a player. Clarko told Mitchell to take the West Coast gig to get exposure to another club environment as a way of enhancing his future goal of being a coach. Clarko got Sam back to Hawthorn as an assistant coach. Clarko told the board they needed to expedite their thinking on Sam taking over as coach when Collingwood approached him last year. Clarko is THE biggest influence and reason on Mitchell now being coach of the club - but those whose devotion seems to be Clarko first/Hawthorn second miss all these points entirely because the board didn't handle things all that well.

If you are a fan of Clarko's mind and humanity, which I am, then you have to be thrilled it is Sam taking over because it has Clarko's fingerprints all over it.

There’s another chapter or two in the Clarko story you I think.

I’m a Clarko fan too but it’s done. At the time I said ‘lose Clarko but keep Jeff’ how is that a fair outcome?

More concerned for a while there how the occurrences seem to taint Sammy just a little.
Jeff better stick by Sammy better than he did Clarko.. or just bugger off

without paying attention to the context here's just a PSA for the older statesmen who use this forum:
Referring to anyone as alpha unironically is a great way to make you look deranged and gives you MGTOW vibes (incredibly not a good thing lmao)
the heck is MGTOW?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back