Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

It was pretty clear that it needed to happen, don't think anyone expected it to happen this quickly though! Day has been an absolute revelation, always had talent, but to become a midfield beast so quick has been amazing to watch. He and Duke form a very exciting pair. Worpel back to his best and improvements from Nash and Ward.

I do wonder how much of it was due to Harvey leaving? Not convinced he was the right man for it, despite his pedigree. Hale seems to have the midfield working pretty well. Always hard to tell exactly what influence an assistant coach has though.
I think we should also consider how much of an influence having a fully fit reeves in the side makes relative to having McEvoy and Kosi/Nash in the ruck for games last year. Playing two genuine rucks every week has got to make life easier for mids.

In fairness there was a good portion of our posters here who were steadfastly against reinventing our midfield by trading out Tom or JOM.

Just lucky our coach knows a thing or two about what a contending midfield looks like.

Not really. Crows retired club champions in 96 and were contending in 97

While the likes of Will Day and Conor Nash have also been impressive, the form resurgence of former best and fairest winner James Worpel hasn‘t gone unnoticed.

“He‘s getting back to his best football ... there’s something about this guy that I think is seriously important to the build,” King said.

Everyone talks about what exited the place over the last 18 months and Sam Mitchell, was he too brutal, did they cut too deep, but when you see what Worpel, Newcombe and Day are now doing, I think we can all just say correct decisions were made.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to this article in Canberra Times it was 3 years initially.

That's the Canberra Weekly which is a free local rag - not the Canberra Times which is a local rag you have to actually pay for.

I think he means the initial contact was due to start 23, hence finishing 25. 22 may have been a separate contract, or an extension.
Correct
His initial contract was 2yrs as Development Coach & Box Hill coach with ‘23 being his 1st year as senior coach on a 3 yr senior coach contract

Correct
His initial contract was 2yrs as Development Coach & Box Hill coach with ‘23 being his 1st year as senior coach on a 3 yr senior coach contract
So unless it was altered/renegotiated after Clarko’s exit, then Caro/media have it wrong

Not that that should surprise anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back