Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

I had to wait 15 years for mine. For majority of those years of my childhood, we were underwhelming to say the least. I wonder how many Hawthorn supporters still around today went through as much in their early years!
We won the flag the year I was born.
We’ve won a fair few since. 😉

That 17yr gap was hell

I had to wait until I was 14 months for my first.

And only seen another 6 since. It's a tragedy and we need to fix it. It's not fair to be 34 and only had 7 flags in your lifetime.
I waited 6 days.. Although I’m not sure I can claim that I saw much..

The best part of Sam’s first game… how we restructured and still pushed for more run after half time.

So good to see, in every game we have played now each have adapted slightly but for the betterment of the team, and today from quarter to quarter.

I am going to be pleasantly surprised how we end up looking by mid way through the season, still some pain but a lot of upside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam might have a surprising advocate with Matthew Lloyd giving Sam a big wrap about how good he is with the kids on our list on the AFL app today.

Lloyd mentioned that Connor MacDonald was captain at Haileybury last year under him and how they’re still close. MacDonald has obviously passed on his thoughts.

Hopefully not mentioning individual players .....will be watching closely .
Im sure that nasty Robbo will try to catch him out .
Robbo gushing over Moore and CJ. He'll be asking ;)

Watching him on the telecast in the coaches box, I was impressed by two things. First, his demeanor didn't seemed to waver too high or too low. Very composed. Secondly, he seemed to be asking questions all the time. The footage from him coaching Box Hill last year showed that he treats the game as a constant problem to be solved. Rather than getting emotional or frustrated by things, it looks as if he is able to pretty calmly ask himself or the other coaches why the game is playing out the way it is.

All the theatrics and riding emotional waves in the box really are a distraction when you think about it, because you aren't concentrating on what you should be adjusting.

Very impressed so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back