Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

The story going round from a west coast podcast is the very first moment in the very first meeting back as the midfield coach, he comes in and puts a premiership cup and says alright I’m here to win you this.

Reckon we knock port off this week, and it helps their decimated.

Really don't get how anyone can have an issue with the way Sam communicates. Love listening to him talk.
Pfft!

You've just got no idea about how to be an irrationally demented crank with no brain and an axe to grind!

Love this from Mitchell. I know the clubs done similar things in the past, but it’s usually an assistant talking through it. Could just listen to Sam talk footy all day.

Vision/graphics/tv could do with a bit of work though.

What was mitchell's quote on hodgey as a player. He was greatest ever player without the ball he had ever seen let that sink in. It is what made Hodge really great not just as a player but as captain. If he is directing you to go somewhere u do it because he sees something u dont. Loving seeing ward demonstrate this as a young kid wow

Love this from Mitchell. I know the clubs done similar things in the past, but it’s usually an assistant talking through it. Could just listen to Sam talk footy all day.

Talking about an individual player though

Hopefully one day the game is shown on TV mainly from behind the goals.

I could never work out why we need to see a close up of the player as he decides where to kick the ball?

Great defensive running ward. In built defensive mindset will be a fricken star
It underlines why stats are not the only measure of a players contribution to the team.
Get over stats peeps.

Talking about an individual player though
I can see the club culture now…
collapse GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully one day the game is shown on TV mainly from behind the goals.

I could never work out why we need to see a close up of the player as he decides where to kick the ball?
I’d like a wide view from the wing. Give me that option Kayo! Save disorientating close ups for the replay haha

All those close ups are a major reason why I prefer to watch the game from the ground

Pre-Round 2 presser
Trigger warning: beta male directly answers questions from media.

The directness is such a bloody breath of fresh air too. No spin or cliches - just answers. If the players are getting this kind of concise and direct engagement also it can only be a good thing.

Trigger warning: players are discussed as individuals.
That's why no-one posts on Bigfooty anymore...Sam Mitchel's relentless program to destroy our club culture by mentioning player's names.

Geez I now know I would have been very very disappointed if the black and white army got Sam. He is refreshing ....no cliches...and you feel he has connected individually with the players. Wonder what he has up his sleeve when we play cats. Mitchell v Scott ....I'm licking my lips for this game. But as they say...one week at a time.

That's why no-one posts on Bigfooty anymore...Sam Mitchel's relentless program to destroy our club culture by mentioning player's names.

Club culture right now...allegedly:

tumblr_n78do0DdVo1r3saxeo4_250.gifv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back