Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

Just on my write up re - the D+ rating and how ridiculous I found that rating to be, it has nothing to do with getting angry and or taking it seriously at all, it's just that it's good to call out absolute crap written up by some douchebag troll and not accept lazy , poorly thought out so called expert opinion! I mean, if we were rated B - instead of B+, then I wouldn't even worry talking about it but to rate our haul a D+ is seems the work of someone who's not good at what they're doing or just a paid troll!

Just on my write up re - the D+ rating and how ridiculous I found that rating to be, it has nothing to do with getting angry and or taking it seriously at all, it's just that it's good to call out absolute crap written up by some douchebag troll and not accept lazy , poorly thought out so called expert opinion! I mean, if we were rated B - instead of B+, then I wouldn't even worry talking about it but to rate our haul a D+ is seems the work of someone who's not good at what they're doing or just a paid troll!
Completely agree - rubbish assessment.

Agree, there isn't really any rational assessment evident at all, is there? Only makes the person/s look silly and appear to suffer from Tin-Man syndrome.

There are a lot of unknowns for sure.

That said, I do think that clubs like the Dogs and Collingwood are liable to have a pretty quick fall down the ladder. The Dogs have been unconvincing for years and lost a few good players, Collingwood could just have easily had their fortunes flipped this season with all those close games and may not win them with Pendles and co another year older.

Tough season to predict, as always I suppose.
I'm the opposite - I'm bullish on the dogs - they've got alot of talls Lobbe means that JUH and Darcy have an experienced partner up forward and allows Naughton to be a dominant CHB. I can see them going up not down.

Freo is the one I see dropping temporarily as they need to get games into their young crop last year who didn't play much as they were successful but they lost a lot of players.

Not sure how we will go. I think with the experience lost its more backwards in terms of win loss. I can live with that so long as there is development in the team. A chance to find out how players fair in new positions - day in the middle, maybe Hardwick up forward. Jeka down back. Who knows where Weddle will start his career. This is a season for patience and green shoots

I'm paraphrasing a bit here - but Sam at the AGM today was absolutely talking up the current crop of players. He said something to the effect of "in a couple of years there will be supporters saying 'I was on board from the start'". Sounds like the list is absolutely where he wants it now.

I'm paraphrasing a bit here - but Sam at the AGM today was absolutely talking up the current crop of players. He said something to the effect of "in a couple of years there will be supporters saying 'I was on board from the start'". Sounds like the list is absolutely where he wants it now.
I also thought Sam was quite emphatic that we already have the key planks in place.

It will be a very interesting pre-season seeing where the pieces fall into place in terms of the line up.

I also thought Sam was quite emphatic that we already have the key planks in place.

It will be a very interesting pre-season seeing where the pieces fall into place in terms of the line up.
Start upgrading the membership to Priority 1 for GF tickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very optimistic, and so glad he didn’t say we’d be making the finals next year. Some may recall when Schwab made this call early 2003?? and we lost something like 9 straight games in a row from R1.

Very optimistic, and so glad he didn’t say we’d be making the finals next year. Some may recall when Schwab made this call early 2003?? and we lost something like 9 straight games in a row from R1.

He said we would win the premiership - slightly different.

One more season of concentrating fully on the draft then we can look to dangle picks at clubs for trades and/or bring in FA's that are ready to add to a young and developing list.! We'd be a very different proposition in 24 months imo.

2004 - said we’d win the flag. Out of a job a few months later.

All Mitchell said was the pieces for our next flag are there, what's very optimistic about that? Didn't say it will happen soon or he will be the one to see it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back