News Sam Murray Asada Investigation

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whoever is doing his pr work needs to be sacked as well. Not one to judge people by pictures but seriously ,you are in one of the biggest sporting clubs in Aus
you just got done for drug use ,maybe at least look like you are sorry for all the drama caused.
He probably already knows the outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whoever is doing his pr work needs to be sacked as well. Not one to judge people by pictures but seriously ,you are in one of the biggest sporting clubs in Aus
you just got done for drug use ,maybe at least look like you are sorry for all the drama caused.
But this is where the generational thing kicks in.

The Murray generation just don’t see Instagram and social media as an issue or all defining.

The older generations, usually we are more mature, might panic and go oh no, it’s terrible, he’s out suspended and he’s not in all black mourning at the grave.

It’s just not him.

And I’d say, makes no difference what he posts, as long as he stays fit and if allowed to return soon enough, he plays well.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
No problem with that. It’s posters who make massive character assessments based on a few photos who worry me.
Poor old Sam got unlucky again. He set the publish date of the photo to until he was already going to be suspended for the coke, but like the coke the bloody thing has stayed in the system for too long.

Mooresome

All Australian
Nov 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
But this is where the generational thing kicks in.

The Murray generation just don’t see Instagram and social media as an issue or all defining.

The older generations, usually we are more mature, might panic and go oh no, it’s terrible, he’s out suspended and he’s not in all black mourning at the grave.

It’s just not him.

And I’d say, makes no difference what he posts, as long as he stays fit and if allowed to return soon enough, he plays well.
Yep agree ,i myself though have doubts he would even stop his use of drugs ,just my opinion right or wrong ,so never going to see him the way i did before all this started.

Apex36

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The real question is at who's house and how do you know they own scrabble? :oops:
At my secret gang lair (ie. my house in the eastern suburbs) and I own a special pink breast cancer foundation version. Totally gangsta bro.

Gone Critical

Mar 11, 2007
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poor old Sam got unlucky again. He set the publish date of the photo to until he was already going to be suspended for the coke, but like the coke the bloody thing has stayed in the system for too long.
I have for the first time just looked at an instragram account. Showing my age but I assume its just a site people stick photos of themselves on. Seems like a dofus set of photos exactly like I would have expected my kids to have collected of themselves. Unlike the group of photos you would find of me and my contempories on facebook , fancy food shots and big breakfasts. I prefer the kids shots myself, cant we just eat in peace without the need for the meal to be posted on facebook.

Sam Murray seems alarmingly regular to me.

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have for the first time just looked at an instragram account. Showing my age but I assume its just a site people stick photos of themselves on. Seems like a dofus set of photos exactly like I would have expected my kids to have collected of themselves. Unlike the group of photos you would find of me and my contempories on facebook , fancy food shots and big breakfasts. I prefer the kids shots myself, cant we just eat in peace without the need for the meal to be posted on facebook.

This is as good an analysis as we’ll read.

Lol big breakfasts... what’s not to love.

Sam may or may not be a bit of a lad, so what is my view.

Can he play, can he add to the team? Does he contribute?
If yes, then all is good enough.

To me he looks like a nice quick medium level talent. Whilst he ours, let’s hope he’s back soon enough and contributing.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood

We're the age of food critics and food photographers. Can we just eat the stuff without coming up with a thesis about how it could be improved?

Having said that, I'm sending my big breakfast back, because I ordered smashed avocado and they've gone and mashed it. It's outrageous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t really make character judgements but he took drugs before a game after we took a chance on him and kick started his career.

Quaynor and Noble have promising starts, it’s his own fault if we get rid of him.

I liked the pace he provided and thought he was really decent defensively.. but I think he blew it.. if he’s suspended for next season (high chance) I suspect we will move him on

ppoiter

Premium Gold
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Warriors, Arsenal

im getting old but young enough to know how Instagram works. That isn’t a normal looking account. Or maybe I’m just older than I thought 🤔

Hairydawg

Rookie
Jan 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
If memory serves, each time he got the prune, particularly in the latter games, he was having a feisty little run, then either holding onto it and getting caught, or turning over the ball. I’m not sure that is coachable - otherwise some others in the team (no need to name them, you know who) would have fixed it too. It may come down to poor decision-making under pressure, which afflicts one on and off the field...

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If memory serves, each time he got the prune, particularly in the latter games, he was having a feisty little run, then either holding onto it and getting caught, or turning over the ball. I’m not sure that is coachable - otherwise some others in the team (no need to name them, you know who) would have fixed it too. It may come down to poor decision-making under pressure, which afflicts one on and off the field...
In a first season at his age, should and would be very coachable.

Has (had) a lot of upside. Next to no players start out with exemplary play. Most learn, make some games, get dropped here and there, learn some more. Get settled. Build a career.

The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, Bitch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
If memory serves, each time he got the prune, particularly in the latter games, he was having a feisty little run, then either holding onto it and getting caught, or turning over the ball.
Too many prunes can give you the runs, but our nutrition guys should be able to sort that out.

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

Right let’s break this down.

Here we have a guy that brazenly cheated the rules by having a stimulant in his system on matchday. He’s been stood down for an indeterminate amount of time and is still paid by the club from funds you, I and those criticising him invest in the club. Despite that he’s shown no public remorse over his actions, made no public comment, remains living his best life and the expectation is on us not to label him?

For mine floggish behaviour is floggish behaviour and he doesn’t get a free pass because he once wore a Collingwood jumper. Unfortunately though you are right he’s somewhat regular, not alarmingly thank god, because there are flogs on social media these days it’s just that for mine there’s nothing wrong with people calling it out.

My two cents on Murray the individual in this context. If you’re a professional athlete doing lines midweek your a flog regardless of follow up behaviour and everything else is fair game!

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
It would be hard to look contrite for twelve months solid while the incompetent deads**ts at ASADA sit around with their hands out for taxpayer funds and their fat thumbs up their arses.
Maybe you should ask what the fcuk they do for their coin?
Oxygen thieves one and all.

Top Bottom