Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Fantastic. And most people’s experience.
How many of your mates were AFL listed players?
How many of your mates were counselled every 12 months about the importance of knowing what they ingested? And the repercussions to their 6 figure salary if they ingested the wrong thing?
I think zero of your mates on all counts.
The general public can do as they please.
Professional athletes are sat down and told of the implications of ingestion every year.
No comparison. Only idiots can’t understand.
AFL football isn't the only industry with a drug code. A fair few of my mates worked for BHP, were counselled more regularly than 12 months, were tested more regularly than AFL footballers and tested positive more than once. I don't think any less of them for it. You might hold AFL footballers to higher off field standards than you hold other people. I don't and I think it's really unrealistic to.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL football isn't the only industry with a drug code. A fair few of my mates worked for BHP, were counselled more regularly than 12 months, were tested more regularly than AFL footballers and tested positive more than once. I don't think any less of them for it. You might hold AFL footballers to higher off field standards than you hold other people. I don't and I think it's really unrealistic to.
Don’t have an issue with anyone who does drugs, to a point.
As long as the drug use doesn’t hurt others, so ice f’d idiots are off the accepted list.
But don’t come crying to me when you are in an industry that requires you to be drug free, and then you lose your job.
Don’t think less of the person, but don’t expect sympathy.

As a reference in my life point, I’ll tell you of my best mate when I was young.
Guy had everything. Successful father who ran his own business.
Was an exchange student at 16 and spent 12 months in the Philippines.
Later in life, he was always a big drinking just like his dad, he discovered marijuana. Grew his own despite his brother in law being a local cop.
But marijuana wasn’t enough. Eventually he needed a bigger high.
Long story short, he did time for being 0.05 three times. (Didn’t have drug testing back then)
Died a few years ago from “self neglect”. Booze and drugs got him to the stage that he knew he was killing himself, his daughters pleaded with him to stop, but he wouldn’t.
Had every advantage in life and is now dead. His family didn’t even have a funeral because they were so embarrassed. Took me three years to be able to even go to his grave....
Drugs of any description, just dont do it dickheads. Just don’t.

This drug stuff is very personal to me. And I’ll continue to shout loudly about it.

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
I’m sorry but how long is this going to drag on. Can we delist him and get a spot back on our list for another player, it’s not as if he was a great player.

Every 3 months this thread gets bumped ...

... and me and every other tragic here on the Collingwood board eagerly jump in expecting some resolution ...

... and all we get is some random insta pic of him in party mode.

Sigh.

See you all here again in another three months.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t know Sam Murray, I’m assuming most people here don’t.

His career is in a pickle, nobody is suffering more for it than him.

Whilst i suspect he’s far from the only AFL player that’s used substances, for him, he got caught and paying a huge penalty.

That said, he’s a young guy, can’t see any harm him doing what young people do, take dumb photos and these days post them. Don’t see the issue.

So he does weird pics with young ladies, so what.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t know Sam Murray, I’m assuming most people here don’t.

His career is in a pickle, nobody is suffering more for it than him.

Whilst i suspect he’s far from the only AFL player that’s used substances, for him, he got caught and paying a huge penalty.

That said, he’s a young guy, can’t see any harm him doing what young people do, take dumb photos and these days post them. Don’t see the issue.

So he does weird pics with young ladies, so what.

You've clearly never met people like this.

Drains on society. * da police and all dat yo. Off their face on pingas and crack swearing and pushing people in mosh pits... But na, everyone at Collingwood's an angel.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get off out books and get away from the Holden centre once and for all.

Signed LS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Technically he’s not costing us any money. Only a list spot. We have use of 47 of 48 spots as Murray not used.
And he’s not at the Holden Centre.

I don’t see him being on the list as much of an issue as costs nothing currently. He has talent.
Happy to see the punishment decision and within the 2 years level, apply the Thomas Keeffe chance of redemption.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Drains on society. fu** da police and all dat yo. Off their face on pingas and crack swearing and pushing people in mosh pits... But na, everyone at Collingwood's an angel.

Not sure I agree everyone at Collingwood is an angel.

Just dumb photos and lads behaving with silliness doesn’t bother me.

These things happen.

Seems you judging a bit there. Knock yourself out.

We’ve had all sorts over the years including Swan and Didak.
And others.

However, if they play well, break no laws, do the training properly, get involved with club people in a generally respectful way, why would I or anyone care what he does outside in his life?

If he’s with dingbats, and is a ding bat, so what? If he’s dumb, he’s dumb. Again so what?
If he contributes as a player, doesn’t break the laws of the land, he can stay.

Don’t get the angst.

Drains on society. fu** da police and all dat yo. Off their face on pingas and crack swearing and pushing people in mosh pits... But na, everyone at Collingwood's an angel.

I'm not so sure about those California State Prison pants on the guy in front, but the flaming shirt on that guy to the left of him is rocking my world a little bit. Their zest for fashion is making me feel quite inadequate, actually, and maybe somewhat jealous.

Back