Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure I agree everyone at Collingwood is an angel.

Just dumb photos and lads behaving with silliness doesn’t bother me.

These things happen.

Seems you judging a bit there. Knock yourself out.

We’ve had all sorts over the years including Swan and Didak.
And others.

However, if they play well, break no laws, do the training properly, get involved with club people in a generally respectful way, why would I or anyone care what he does outside in his life?

If he’s with dingbats, and is a ding bat, so what? If he’s dumb, he’s dumb. Again so what?
If he contributes as a player, doesn’t break the laws of the land, he can stay.

Don’t get the angst.

He clearly drank his own bath water and got lured by every trap in the book. Once he's 30, grown up somewhat and his career is over, he will have a lifetime of regrets and what ifs. Good on him. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure I agree everyone at Collingwood is an angel.

Just dumb photos and lads behaving with silliness doesn’t bother me.

These things happen.

Seems you judging a bit there. Knock yourself out.

We’ve had all sorts over the years including Swan and Didak.
And others.

However, if they play well, break no laws, do the training properly, get involved with club people in a generally respectful way, why would I or anyone care what he does outside in his life?

If he’s with dingbats, and is a ding bat, so what? If he’s dumb, he’s dumb. Again so what?
If he contributes as a player, doesn’t break the laws of the land, he can stay.

Don’t get the angst.

He has the holy trinity of being a flog, a dud, and cost us too much to bring him in. I guess that's why there is mild angst.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has the holy trinity of being a flog, a dud, and cost us too much to bring him in. I guess that's why there is mild angst.
He’s not a dud.
A medium (and fast) level player.
But we won’t know if we see him again.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He clearly drank his own bath water and got lured by every trap in the book. Once he's 30, grown up somewhat and his career is over, he will have a lifetime of regrets and what ifs. Good on him. Enjoy it while it lasts.
That might happen.
But he’s not 30 yet, so who knows how it turns out.

Lucky you and I were so wise when we were 20 or so :D

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
A lot of us don't take illegal party drugs and continue hanging out with ratbag mates and loose women, we are more perfect than that..
A lot don’t.

But we’re not judging with no proof are we?
I’m not that perfect that I can do that :eek:o_O:p

A lot of us don't take illegal party drugs and continue hanging out with ratbag mates and loose women, we are more perfect than that..
A lot of us like to think we spent a lot of our twenties doing all of the above, but in reality we couldn’t afford the drugs and the women were only loose for others. The ratbag mates was achievable.

Yeah, he’s guilty by his own admission of taking illegal party drugs ...

... but it’s bad form to label people “loose women” and “ratbag mates” on the basis of a couple of insta pics of people out having a good time.

I’m sure we’ve all seen far worse pics of people who we value-judge to be decent.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, he’s guilty by his own admission of taking illegal party drugs ...

... but it’s bad form to label people “loose women” and “ratbag mates” on the basis of a couple of insta pics of people out having a good time.

I’m sure we’ve all seen far worse pics of people who we value-judge to be decent.

Every single person who calls themselves part of a gang are not good people.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Every single person who calls themselves part of a gang are not good people.

Not true.

Google the definition of “gang” and you’ll see this meaning amongst others ...

“INFORMAL
a group of people, especially young people, who regularly associate together.”

So, no news about Murray?

Need to read between the lines for the news on this one. When you do that it seems clear that Murray has become immersed in murky organisation (or 'gang'), the MO of which is to violate the norms of fashion...in most hideous fashion. Loose women may be involved.(*)

(*) Definition of 'loose women' is unclear at this stage. It appears to be an anachronism. Someone needs to be sent to the 1950s to clarify the matter.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need to read between the lines for the news on this one. When you do that it seems clear that Murray has become immersed in murky organisation (or 'gang'), the MO of which is to violate the norms of fashion...in most hideous fashion. Loose women may be involved.(*)

(*) Definition of 'loose women' is unclear at this stage. It appears to be an anachronism. Someone needs to be sent to the 1950s to clarify the matter.
In terms of fashion, I like to picture Sam Murray wearin' a tuxedo t-shirt cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too." I like to party, so I like my Sam Murray to party.

In terms of fashion, I like to picture Sam Murray wearin' a tuxedo t-shirt cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too." I like to party, so I like my Sam Murray to party.

It can be hard to strike a balance between dapper and degenerate, or between respectable and rough, but my own fashion sense --which heavily leans towards hobo chic-- tells me that Murray pulls it off quite nicely.

Back