Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Head scratcher, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. Nothing changes the fact the deal is done.

Let's see how the kid goes.

If he had a lunch meeting with Eddie, I suspect that we were very keen to get him.

Our future 2nd round pick? Wtf probably one of our worst trades in history.

We could have got Watts instead of this guy...

Unless the talent identification is spot on and he establishes himself as best 22 in 2018 then this will be a terrible deal.

One of these days I hope we learn to walk away when someone ramps the price too far.

Happy with this trade from a list need basis. I was thinking Barry from the SANFL. This kid is taller, quick and hopefully good skills.

Good trade in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we paid overs just to make a trade.

We paid overs because there's a glaring deficiency in our side that we were desperate for Sinclair, Ramma, Marley Williams etc. to fulfil but they haven't been able to.

We overpaid to fill a list need, so it's not as bad as some are making it out to be. Unless he is terrible.
We paid overs because we gave Marley Williams away for toothpicks.

We played this badly. Sydney only started talking about upgrading him to the senior list once we showed interest. Without the upgrade offer he'd have been a dfa, so might have been better off not trying to trade, showing no interest and signing him for nothing. Even if Sydney offered a contract late it's likely getting Murray via the draft would have cost us less.

My question is:

What nationality is Sam Murray?

17daca0dc46f83d9eebe76dc38e5e346.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Welcome Sam........I hope you dominate at the Pies. :thumbsu:

By the way stay away from bigfooty for a while. :p

Cheers

CFC2010

Are we a joke??? I think we are
Yes; we are a total joke! Can anybody give me an intelligent rationale for this trade? We are indeed the absolute laughing stock of the AFL. I shudder to think of what is going to happen in 2018. At least try a get a key-position player if you are going to give up a future 2nd Round pick. God help this club.

Made NEAFL team of the year, part of a strong culture, Sydney wanted to keep him even though he's behind the likes of McVeigh, Lloyd, Jones, Smith and Mills. Hopefully it pays off.

From his highlights he looked to offer similar to Saad and I thought he'd be a nice cheaper option. However if next year's draft is as good as hyped he could end up costing us a better player.

Wish Murray well and he fits our needs, but damn our last 2 years at the trade table have been horrible. Undersold Witts and gave Williams and Cloke away for peanuts. When did we become a pushover?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back