Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I might hold fire on this one for the time being. If he comes in and is best 22 that deal is worth it, but let’s just wait and see how other deals look.

For instance that probably spells the end of Ramma and if he goes to WC with a future 3rd for one of those picks from GC or WC’s future 2nd it isn’t a bad result.

I agree with everyone else here. How we let a 2nd rounder in the 2018 draft be part of a deal involving a category B rookie is beyond me.
That will probably be a pick in the early to mid twenties. Lets hope Ned Guy can do a substantially better job of negotiating than our current crop can.

Certainly not Sam's fault we suck at trades these days.

Welcome to the Pies - Sam

Last edited:
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I'm glad he's with us. He'll add line breaking pace and we need that. I'm disappointed at what we paid not that he's with us. Let's see what he brings to the table. We've been pretty good with recycled players in recent times.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Always great to get some young blokes into the side, but does this trade really fulfil a need?

Shaz, Smith, Langdon, Maynard, Crisp, Sinclair, Oxley, Ramsay, surely we have enough medium/small players on our list in our back half.

Feel as though we have other holes in our list that should be prioritised, particularly when the bloke we bring in can’t get a game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Using 2017 draft positions, I think we just traded:

Pick 23 (815 points) for
Pick 48 (302 points) and pick 70 (39 points)

Putting Murray's value at 474 points, or pick 37. Is that right? If so, what a nightmare.

WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT THIS?

Welcome Sam (provides something we lack in pace out of defence) but wow that deal looks really poor for us on the basis of that above points calculation.

The only way it looks better is if we finish near the top and Sydney fall away (bridging the gap between our future 2nd and their future 3rd). Unlikely!

Last edited:

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Using 2017 draft positions, I think we just traded:

Pick 23 (815 points) for
Pick 48 (302 points) and pick 70 (39 points)

Putting Murray's value at 474 points, or pick 37. Is that right? If so, what a nightmare.

WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT THIS?

We suck at this trade stuff....

The only way it looks better is if we finish near the top and Sydney fall away (bridging the gap between our future 2nd and their future 3rd). Unlikely!

Yep that's the only upside. If Sydney really struggle and we dominate, this trade looks ok. Otherwise, meh.

Good luck to the kid though, can't complain about adding more pace to the team but FFS, we've paid overs.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Always great to get some young blokes into the side, but does this trade really fulfil a need?

Shaz, Smith, Langdon, Maynard, Crisp, Sinclair, Oxley, Ramsay, surely we have enough medium/small players on our list in our back half.

Feel as though we have other holes in our list that should be prioritised, particularly when the bloke we bring in can’t get a game...

It does. The kid has wheels and is definitely a different piece to the puzzle.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

The same need that Saad would've filled.

I'd back him to become a better player than Saad.

Footynut10

Draftee
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow , just wow. We are officially operationally the worst club in the comp. Cat B rookie who has not played a game. I just cannot believe what we gave up. I thought it would be a 4th round pick in this draft at best.

Wells, Mayne and now this. WTF are we doing.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wtf who is charge of list management. ******* 2nd rounder in an awesome draft for a ******* Sydney rookie. Insanity.

I simply cannot fathom who does these deals. Should have been 4th round at best.

Back