Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Enjoy your pop corn. Personally I prefer an IPA
Black and White IPA.
Beautiful.

FE3F1014-1815-4B58-8B24-037E9BFEFA13.jpeg

9BCCC0EF-C27C-42FF-B467-9EBEEFB98C1F.jpeg

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who’s gloating about a history of firmness on the drug issue besides me?
I’m sure I’m the only one with strong enough morals to be going on about this for years.
Genuine question - are your “strong morals” offended by the idea of testing positive to a prohibited substance in competition or the use of illicit drugs?

It's a pretty rough penalty to potentially lose your career (if found guilty) over a positive recreational drug test.
In this case its a PED. The illicit drug policy is not involved. If it was I would agree but this is what ASADA and WADA are there for. Sam seems to be caught with a PED and no matter the circumstances there is good reason to treat that with zero tolerance as tough as it is.

In this case its a PED. The illicit drug policy is not involved. If it was I would agree but this is what ASADA and WADA are there for. Sam seems to be caught with a PED and no matter the circumstances there is good reason to treat that with zero tolerance as tough as it is.
Wasn’t it an illicit substance?

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuine question - are your “strong morals” offended by the idea of testing positive to a prohibited substance in competition or the use of illicit drugs?
Competition.
Not happy about overuse of drugs in the community, particularly ICE, and the negative violent repercussions on the public.
Keep it behind your own closed doors then good luck to you.
I grew up considering that superior atheletes were gods. The drug culture shattered that.

Doesnt really. There isnt a conspiracy against Collingwodd just a big piece of news no matter the club
I’m smelling something not right. No doubt in my mind that the AFL are against us.

What if he took it 2 days before?
Doesnt matter. All that matters is was present on match day. If he took it a year ago wouldn't matter

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is there any difference between what he did and what JT did ? I haven’t been keeping up with it today

Yes and no

JT was took illicit drugs out of competition but it had a PED in it
Murray too an illicit drug and it was still in his system on game day

Both ASADA breaches

Illicit drugs out of competition are not an ASADA breach but just a strike from the AFL

Doesnt matter. All that matters is was present on match day. If he took it a year ago wouldn't matter
I understand that. But he didn’t take the drug to enhance his performance. He took it to feel good.

1984 US pursuit team. Was legal then.
Really. What about the 70's with Lasse and his Reindeer milk. Thought blood doping was illegal then. Maybe just frowned on.

Yes.
Just like cigarettes.
Just like driving an automobile.

All kill.
How’s that walk to work looking for you?
Sugar kills more people than anything.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Competition.
Not happy about overuse of drugs in the community, particularly ICE, and the negative violent repercussions on the public.
Keep it behind your own closed doors then good luck to you.
I grew up considering that superior atheletes were gods. The drug culture shattered that.
In terms of your “morals”, do you draw a line between a mistaken use of a recreational substance close to game day versus a deliberate attempt to dope to enhance performance? This isn’t a question re the ban, just your morals.

Back