Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Think it could be time for Hyne to stay well away from trade table and free agents.

I can't make sense of this.

This has the stink of us ruing it big-time next year when we need that pick to engineer a better trade or take one of the many genuine guns inside the top 30.

He's a cat b rookie - surely if he wanted to get to Pies, we could have waited without giving up a 2nd rounder?

The highlights up on CFC are very impressive, will be one of the fastest players on any AFL list, I like that for us.

Don't like the pick given up but who knows maybe we get something back for Ramsey that cancels it out, or maybe next years draft whilst strong drops away after the first round.

This is outrageous - I just cannot understand this at all.

If we wanted to pay overs to get a deal, surely 36 this year would have done the job.

Cat B rookie too - couldn't he of just walked to us? I am astonished.

I saw his highlights too - he doesn't break lines, he just runs like a headless chicken straight into congestion..

FUUUUUUMING

We obviously rate him, and fills a need that Sinclair and Rama have struggled to fill.

If he fills a role, like Saad as an attacking quick small running defender, than a downgrade of future picks will be worth the investment.

Basically a slightly taller Ben Sinclair type isn't he?

We overpaid, but we were desperate to make at least one trade.

Welcome Sam.

I don't think we paid overs just to make a trade.

We paid overs because there's a glaring deficiency in our side that we were desperate for Sinclair, Ramma, Marley Williams etc. to fulfil but they haven't been able to.

We overpaid to fill a list need, so it's not as bad as some are making it out to be. Unless he is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically a slightly taller Ben Sinclair type isn't he?

We overpaid, but we were desperate to make at least one trade.

Welcome Sam.

Way too Desperate. Are we trading the 1st Rounder for Crameri or Collins?

Murray better be worth that Pick

A second rounder? Do we hate second rounders that much? We give them away like candy.
It's the Aish curse, until James becomes a best 22 lock someone is avoiding 2nd round picks.

Looking hard for a positive other than Sam's pace - at least we now can't trade our 2018 first round pick this year.

Collingwood better put up some highlights showing line-breaking pace with a deadly accurate kick.
This is the Sam Murray thread. I think you are lost and need to go look at Daniel Wells.

I'm glad he's with us. He'll add line breaking pace and we need that. I'm disappointed at what we paid not that he's with us. Let's see what he brings to the table. We've been pretty good with recycled players in recent times.
agreed - far too soon to judge the success or failure of this trade.

He might prove himself a bargain.

Happy to be glass half-full with this.

Dees landed Balic for 66
Port landed Watts for 31
Suns landed Aaron Young for a future fourth round
Got to say, when you look at those, it is a very damning sign of our inability to trade well.

But... welcome to the Pies, Sam. Hope you can become the player we need coming out of defense. Best of luck to ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back