Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
If no contract offer on table by 31 Oct (1st list lodgement deadline), then he automatically becomes a DFA from 1st November.
He can then sign with the club of his choosing.

Hopefully we can secure a Williams style trade for him before then. They're nothing picks but you just never know.

Hopefully we can secure a Williams style trade for him before then. They're nothing picks but you just never know.
Hopefully we can secure a Murray style trade for him before then.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully we can secure a Murray style trade for him before then.

Anything before pick 65 (mid 4th round) then and we're actually in front in terms of points.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
I doubt there would be a trade would there? More likely he earns a spot after busting his arse actually training with a team first I would have thought

Good luck to him however it pans out

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I doubt there would be a trade would there? More likely he earns a spot after busting his arse actually training with a team first I would have thought

That's the more likely outcome, gets taken as a DFA.

You've given me a glimmer of hope that we might be that club. A very dull almost invisible glimmer, but a glimmer nonetheless.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's going to the US?
I'm convinced he's Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad.

Jesse Pinkman.jpeg

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Under new rules Murray is actually an unrestricted free agent so if he goes somewhere we'd really be looking at compensation rather than a trade right now.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Under new rules Murray is actually an unrestricted free agent so if he goes somewhere we'd really be looking at compensation rather than a trade right now.

What we've said is that we won't offer him an extension but he remains contracted till 31 October so we can trade him till then as I understand it.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What we've said is that we won't offer him an extension but he remains contracted till 31 October so we can trade him till then as I understand it.
Jamie Elliott is also contracted to us until the end of the month - but he can leave as an unrestricted free agent. As can Murray. As can Broomhead.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
You've given me a glimmer of hope that we might be that club. A very dull almost invisible glimmer, but a glimmer nonetheless.
Those glimmers are the worst and now I have it as well.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jamie Elliott is also contracted to us until the end of the month - but he can leave as an unrestricted free agent. As can Murray. As can Broomhead.

Yep, he can walk as a FA if he likes, same with Elliott, Broomy or Dunn if they don't get extensions. But that doesn't exclude the potential for a trade. Depends on what the destination club already has happening on the FA front and potential implications on compo they might receive.

That might be a bit of a stretch.
We haven't offered him a contract, unlike Billy.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That might be a bit of a stretch.
We haven't offered him a contract, unlike Billy.
That previous post is right, if he ends up somewhere, we would get compensation. He is a UFA courtesy of being de-listed last year and coming to the end of his current contract this year. Wouldn't be expecting too much in the way of compo though!

Back