Traded Sam Murray [traded to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have egg on my face... I had no idea who he was at the time. He looks decent though
It's ok I forgive you its just a wtf moment at the time it happened but now the trade looks promising. Any surprise trades like that at Carlton over the years?

It's ok I forgive you its just a wtf moment at the time it happened but now the trade looks promising. Any surprise trades like that at Carlton over the years?
We traded a very high pick for Kristian Jakcsh from GWS. He had barely played but was originally a high draft pick.

Turned out to be an absolute scrub and was delisted 2 years later

Are you taking about the Murray at the Pies? His disposal is his strong suit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He went at 74% on debut and 65% on Saturday. From what I've seen, he reads the play well and is quick off the mark but turns it over too much. Plenty of time to get it right, but his disposal is currently average.

Didn't watch the whole game, but have really liked him in everything I've seen him so far this year. Very much the player Collingwood needed on the half back flank with a skillset they did not previously have. Big upgrade on playing the likes of Varcoe.

We overpaid because he's type is what we sorely lack, Swans obviously rated him as well so we were made to pay a premium for a gameless rookie, nice to see our recruiters on the ball for a change, early days but he looks well worth the investment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went at 74% on debut and 65% on Saturday. From what I've seen, he reads the play well and is quick off the mark but turns it over too much. Plenty of time to get it right, but his disposal is currently average.

Nah it's better than average, he's very good by foot. Disposal efficiency doesn't always tell the story.
I savage all of our backs that can't kick but this boy can kick.

Awkward ball drop but is capable of hitting them flat and hard decisively.

Looks like we can add this one to the list of trades that people stupidly misstate when they're trying to score BF points, up with Treloar for two first round picks, Jed Anderson for pick 15, and McCarthy for pick 3.

Edit: Ok, obviously pick 7 for Jaksch should be included.
Nab rising star who likes delicious egg sandwiches..

Nab rising star who likes delicious egg sandwiches..
Sigh. You don't even understand that post, do you? It was pointing out that people who say "Murray for a second round pick" to disparage Collingwood's trade are wrong. No comment on him as a player or his value because I had never seen him. I'll try and use smaller words next time.

He is showing all those attributes that Sydney has been looking for in a backline player the last few years..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back