Traded Sam Murray [traded to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you watched his kamaze style you'd understand why he might turn a few over. He's not waiting for a safe kick, he's trying to beat the guy in front of him before looking for an option.

He is showing all those attributes that Sydney has been looking for in a backline player the last few years..

That’s probably why he cost the Pies more than we expected.

If the Pies had identified him as a player that could take the next step, there is no doubt the Swans would have done so as well.

That’s probably why he cost the Pies more than we expected.

If the Pies had identified him as a player that could take the next step, there is no doubt the Swans would have done so as well.

COuld turn out a good deal for both clubs

Watched him against the Crows Friday and looked like a potential star in the making. Like someone said earlier, you'd trust picking up a rookie from Sydney. Just look at their team.

They have the best Development in the AFL for some time

Did we already have a Sam Murray thread?

Trade

Sam Murray, #70 and a 2018 third round pick (Sydney) for 2018 second round pick (Collingwood)
With the Pies all but locking in a top 8 spot and Sydney dropping an easy one against GCS with the toughest run home in the comp, this trade might end up being another master stroke by the Pies if Swans fail to make the 8.

This year’s 2nd for Murray and Sydney’s 3rd could be a 10 spot downgrade for a 20 year old potentially 100+ game player.

With the Pies all but locking in a top 8 spot and Sydney dropping an easy one against GCS with the toughest run home in the comp, this trade might end up being another master stroke by the Pies if Swans fail to make the 8.

This year’s 2nd for Murray and Sydney’s 3rd could be a 10 spot downgrade for a 20 year old potentially 100+ game player.
I really questioned this trade at the time. But now I understand why they did it, we basically traded away a pick that would have been sucked into counting towards Quaynor and Kelly. In a way we almost got Murray for free assuming we only take 3 players in this years draft (and hoping no one bids on Quaynor before our first pick)

Even if we go into a slight points deficit I think it’s still worth it... 3 top 25 players in a super draft + Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back