Play Nice Sam Murray Under ASADA Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute disgrace to keep someone waiting this long, obviously mental health means nothing to the AFL. As long as it is okay to use painkillers to keep players on the ground and benzos don't rate, then this organisation will continue to throw vulnerable young people to the wolves. Absolutely nothing learnt!

Just not good enough to park the issue for a year. Obviously something strange involved where even the result of the B sample is not released after all this time.

Hmm I know these things can take forever, but Murray must have been told it isn't looking to good for him not to play and risk not getting the time he has already missed counted for a punishment.

Not sure how the media have allowed the AFL to drag this out withiut hounding them about the time taken.

It is ASADA not AFL. AFL have no say in how ASADA do their job and at what pace.

For once, Gil and his minions are not at fault for this one.

How can it take this long to test a sample, it's a process in the laboratory to test for evidence of certain drug/s and shoulkd be a "relatively" simple well known process. They could have invented a cure for cancer in the time that's passed since the first positive.

How can it take this long to test a sample, it's a process in the laboratory to test for evidence of certain drug/s and shoulkd be a "relatively" simple well known process. They could have invented a cure for cancer in the time that's passed since the first positive.

Because ASADA are a bunch of plebs

If he didn't cheat, he wouldn't have to wait.

But all this waiting is taken off his penalty anyway.
He would never have thought that a line of blow would have been an issue. Players are looking over their shoulders regarding steroids and other substances. I'm guessing the AFL couldn't care less about use of other illicit and unprescribed drugs because those users go under the "three strikes policy". I was standing in Parliament House with a group of Year 6 students when Captain Kevin called the various sporting powerbrokers to a "conversation" on drug use in sport. Right there in the midst of the box ticking exercise was Mike Fitzpatrick. I'd love to see Demetriou and his muppets thoroughly investigated.

10 years ago Racing Victoria could p*ss test our horses on arrival at the course and rule them eligible or otherwise before a race.

a bunch of plebs who nailed your team and its golden boy to the wall.

Not our finest moment.
Though perhaps if they spent less time and government money on that witch hunt they’d catch even a fraction of Australia’s doping athletes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not our finest moment.
Though perhaps if they spent less time and government money on that witch hunt they’d catch even a fraction of Australia’s doping athletes.

So what was it? Not your finest moment or a witch hunt?

You're have to be a delusional f-wit if you dont think Essendon were as guilty as sin.

So what was it? Not your finest moment or a witch hunt?

You're have to be a delusional f-wit if you dont think Essendon were as guilty as sin.

It can be both.
We ****ed up by getting Dank in the first place, ****ed up by letting him have so much free reign and then ****ed up by publicly declaring we were under investigation.
ASADA then spent 2-3 years trying to pin everything under the sun at us and only succeeded in a dubious CAS ruling of “well there’s some pretty circumstantial evidence that says you probably, maybe, took prohibited substances so cop your whack”.
There’s realistically only a handful of people (possibly even just one) that know exactly what the players took, and unless they speak up everyone (including me) are just making educated guesses.

something must have gone wrong with the B sample.. although, to be fair, I have no clue what I am talking about.

Nah (nah).
The B sample wouldve been available pretty quickly and if it was clear, or negligible, this would have been thrown out right there.

I think his lawyer has been able to successfully argue that there were mitigating factors in his positive test, including that a positive cocaine result would only be a "strike" at any other time of collection, and that 2-3 days after use (if he could prove that) there would be no "performance enhancing" effect.

He tested positive, so rightly got banned, but my guess is thats how the ban got down to 18 months (from the maximim 4 years)

Am I too cynical that the punishment gets announced (eventually) by the time that the punishment is effectively not in place any more?

Whole thing stinks of keeping it quiet, announcing it when people won't notice it and by the time people care about footy again the suspension will be over.

I wonder if they will ever announce the B Sample result.

Last edited:
Nah (nah).
The B sample wouldve been available pretty quickly and if it was clear, or negligible, this would have been thrown out right there.

I think his lawyer has been able to successfully argue that there were mitigating factors in his positive test, including that a positive cocaine result would only be a "strike" at any other time of collection, and that 2-3 days after use (if he could prove that) there would be no "performance enhancing" effect.

He tested positive, so rightly got banned, but my guess is thats how the ban got down to 18 months (from the maximim 4 years)

ASADA have no strike policy, nor would they have taken into account the AFL’s illicit drug policy.
Otherwise what you say would add up and he essentially gets a (very firm) slap on the wrist for not knowing how long cocaine stays in the system.

*edit*
Shouldn’t have presumed that ASADA handed down the suspension.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they appeal to extend the ban out to 24 months

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back