Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it does. Because he/she listed those players. All of whom are very competent on both sides.

Now they're all VERY competent.... makes it sound like they're all Sam Mitchellesque.

Last edited:
None of which detracts from his point that there are some very highly rated players who are very 1 sided. They work it out. It's not ideal, but it's hardly a new phenomenon.
It does detract from his point when the examples he uses doesn't support it.

But I agree being one sided isn't a big deal.

I wonder if people sort of view Sam Murray as like being 23 or 24 and not as basically a new kid in the game.

Just doesn’t appear to be a kid, but he is.

'Will be a genuine gun'.

That's as bad as the 'harsh judges' - I admitting to being one when it comes to Sam.

Very, very loose use of the term 'gun'.

It's his prediction. How do you know it's a loose term. He might think that he'll become Shaun Burgoyne-esque, eg. a gun in most people's language.

'Will be a genuine gun'.

That's as bad as the 'harsh judges' - I admitting to being one when it comes to Sam.

Very, very loose use of the term 'gun'.
How in the world could it could be loose use of the term gun when I clarified that I thought he WILL BE a gun? If I were to say that he is a genuine gun right at this moment then that would be loose use and your point would be very valid

How in the world could it could be loose use of the term gun when I clarified that I thought he WILL BE a gun? If I were to say that he is a genuine gun right at this moment then that would be loose use and your point would be very valid
My point was exactly that, what now proves he will be a gun?

Need to show significantly more before a projection like that can be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, what proof does SuperSteele22 have that backs up the opinion they have.

And I'm sure they can answer.

You done answering for people?
He’s a good reader of the footy, lightning quick and a ferocious tackler. All these attributes and with time on his side to tidy up his disposal and his decision making holds him in pretty good stead, don’t you think? All I’m saying is let’s wait a season or two before torching the kid and see how his maturation comes along naturally. I’d be surprised if he becomes anything less than a very good footballer.

He’s a good reader of the footy, lightning quick and a ferocious tackler. All these attributes and with time on his side to tidy up his disposal and his decision making holds him in pretty good stead, don’t you think? All I’m saying is let’s wait a season or two before torching the kid and see how his maturation comes along naturally. I’d be surprised if he becomes anything less than a very good footballer.

I agree with you SuperSteel22........I said he will be better than Heater I stand by that statement.

Under appreciated.
Elite.
Copeland winner.
But some still use his name as a negative.
Yeah, 17 other clubs would love him.
Three made offers above what he took at Collingwood.
One was his childhood team. But he stayed and took a hit to the hip pocket.
Consistantly is in the top three match day for stats.
But that doesn’t matter to those who want to lay him on the human sacrifice stone.
Reckon most of those posters are in the keep the underperforming coach ranks.
Which is, in the tone of Bruce, delicious.

I respect your thoughts. But at this stage I'm less optimistic on his chances based on what I've seen so far.

Hope he proves me wrong, and turns into a star.

Why is it at Collingwood that this is made into such a big deal B_W?
Not sure it’s only at CFC.
Plenty of players stay for unders.
I was reading an article about Hawthorn and their threepeat.
It was stated that no player was on over 800k.
There were players who would have demanded 1 mill plus. Maybe that was why Franklin left.
They took unders and are forever Premiership players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back