Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is still only young and very inexperienced and I think as others have said a move up to the wing might help him because he does at this stage lack composure and the further away from our goal the better.

He does have that speed but I think we are better served having Appleby down back because he is a steadier player and also a much tighter player and very good 1 on 1.

Good idea,we are better served with an injured player. While we are at it lets drop another 4-5 and bring in Shaz Dunn Treloar Wells and Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was pretty good. Not sure what others saw that I missed.
I think he was a bit calamitous in the first quarter but then came good, except for that late stuff up to Pendles at the end of the game.

I thought he was pretty good. Not sure what others saw that I missed.
I though his decision making was poor on many occasions. Many times he ran to close to the defender in front and or failed to give off to someone in a better position. He kicked backwards or sideways putting teammates under pressure and that was totally unnecessary. Whatever the thing is he’s young and learning so he has a lot to learn and long way to go. Hope he can improve as much as Maynard has in the last 12 months. He’s just about but not totally cut out the regular brain fades. Murray needs to do the same in time.

Just get the ball and go and kick long.
No stop and prop and backwards kicks.

There is speculation in the Media today that Sam Murray will be this week's Rising Star nomination
I wouldn’t have thought so on last nights performance. Stevo however, can he get 3 or 4 nominations? I think he’s earned them.

He hasn't played at the heights he started on so early in the season but to be fair he's a second year development player who was a rookie listed player only 12 months ago.
He's got time on his side to develop and his first season with us has certainly been a pass mark.

He hasn't played at the heights he started on so early in the season but to be fair he's a second year development player who was a rookie listed player only 12 months ago.
He's got time on his side to develop and his first season with us has certainly been a pass mark.
If we had have picked him up as a second round draft selection from the NEAFL we'd all be excited, but for some reason we all expect more from him because he was a recruit. It doesn't make sense, but that's how it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back