Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Came good in the 2nd half but still nervous as hell when he gets it.
I reckon he'll be fighting out a spot with Quaynor next year which will benefit them both and the team.

If he can improve his composure when under pressure he can be a good player. He tries to take the game on which is commendable but I feel like sometimes he is too rushed with his decision making. Not writing him off yet, can still be a player for us IMO.

Continues to improve. Happy to see him get games until we have a viable alternative.

People sure have a hard time letting young players develop.

Plenty of egg has been shed on faces here, how about we learn from it and let the kid play a solid block of games before putting him to the sword?
I'm not buying it. He's not composed by hand and foot but also is lacklustre defensively. Maynard as an example wasn't very composed early on but he was solid defensively and always played with intent.

I can't see Murray holding down his spot when we get Howe back.
The kid can't kick over a jam tin.
He is young so hopefully will learn.At least he has a red hot go.

Need to persist. Talent like Maynard show the rewards of persistence.

Unfortunately for Murray, we're at a position where we are pushing for finals and a premiership. He won't be given the same development leniency as Maynard did, if we're able to find someone currently better.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Continues to improve. Happy to see him get games until we have a viable alternative.

This. As I have made it perfectly clear, I think it's the second dumbest trade in history to get him, but now that we have him we need to give him every chance to prove himself.

I think Port is the perfect opportunity for him, we've lost to them with their pressure/out-the-back game for years now and at least he is quick enough to combat their speed.

I thought he was pretty good. Not sure what others saw that I missed.
He was good.
More than fine.

Already going to be better than Sinclair and Ramsay.
As he learns gets experience he will be a mainstay with great dash :)

Maybe
But he's 20 and its gotta go down as a above average first season
He will get better , we need to get the bad parts of Sydney out of his game

It will come
He's a good kid
Just has to improve his disposal & cut down the turnovers/clangers.
I like him, signed off on the trade (due to the Academy/FS selections coming this draft).
Can only improve.

If we replace Murray with Appleby then I think we lose some run out of the backline and I think the run from behind has helped us this year. Once Sam lessens the clanger count I think he will be an asset for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has withdrawn from tomorrow's game for "personal reasons", it appears.

Hope all is well with the young fella. All the best, Sam.
Echo those sentiments.
May explain his last couple of games.
Though I’d prefer to think that on the field he could block out any issues and just do, and enjoy, the job.

Cost us 2 or 3 goals last week with bad passes. Not sure if he cost us a few vs Sydney , hopefully not or it would have effectifvely cost us the game, along with Mason's terrible goal misses.

Young muzz is made of strong stuff hope it's all OK for him and his family im sure he'll be back in no time at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back