Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think again Saintly. There are plenty of perfect people in the world who have never made mistakes and thus never sought forgiveness. This type of a person usually ends up as a religious deity or a poster on BigFooty.
There aren't any saints or if there are you could prob count them on one hand - that's in the whole world and maybe entire world history. OTOH there are plenty of sanctimonious hypocrites, in fact we all are to some extent. Listen to me now for example.

What’s all this talk about 4 years?
Nobody gets four years unless it’s proven to be systematic behaviour over a long timeframe.
I think after not playing for a year, he should be allowed to play again until this matter is actually resloved.
that's because the eventual penalty could be just one year suspension, so it's not fair to provisionally be suspended beyond that time.
And of course he must be granted "time served" of the voluntary suspension. the club sould already be demanding a guarantee of that as a condition of the provisional suspension. Otherwise the wowsers may say, "too bad, you voluntarily suspending him has nothing to do with our process so it doesn't count."

I think after not playing for a year, he should be allowed to play again until this matter is actually resloved.
that's because the eventual penalty could be just one year suspension, so it's not fair to provisionally be suspended beyond that time.
And of course he must be granted "time served" of the voluntary suspension. the club sould already be demanding a guarantee of that as a condition of the provisional suspension. Otherwise the wowsers may say, "too bad, you voluntarily suspending him has nothing to do with our process so it doesn't count."

Time served voluntarily will count. There’s no question about that.

And he has to continue to serve that voluntarily time or the clock will reset to zero.

If the eventual penalty is less than what he actually served, bad luck. At the end of the day that’s good news so who gives a crap. Murray certainly won’t.

Time served voluntarily will count. There’s no question about that.

And he has to continue to serve that voluntarily time or the clock will reset to zero.

If the eventual penalty is less than what he actually served, bad luck. At the end of the day that’s good news so who gives a crap. Murray certainly won’t.
His time served isnt voluntary. He cant play until the hearing. He could train if he wanted to though.

so they could wait 5 years until verdict and he couldn't play?
Or never reach a verdict... life ban without ever being punished.
It's actually 2 years. If he's been 2 years without a trial, he can play.

There's no rush in this case. He's pleading guilty. He's getting years. The only question is how many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tenor.gif

It's a mystery to me.

How is he allowed to play country footy but yet no outcome made publicly?

I have read a few comments now across diff boards that he was given 4 but is contesting and wont get official verdict until the final decision is made. Whether there is any truth in it who knows.
But what we can guess is its at least 2 years and given the law changes that said its auto 4 year when caught on match day then...

need to just move on from him and recruit to refill the slot. If they decide to stick by him and wait out the 2 or 4 years then we still need that running back role filled so might as well forget he even exists until then.

He was unproven the last time he played, not sure how missing years of footy is going to turn him into a player we cant live without.

I din't think you were allowed to do either? or is that only at a professional level?

AFL gave him permission to (I thought) train at his brothers club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back