Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Says you.

He'd been at the club longer than six months and wasnt in his first season of senior football either. People still thought he was no great loss when he was suspended and very unlikely to make it back.
Sorry that's your history.

Some thought he had good awareness & fast hands.

Yes, JT had some fantastic games in 2013-2014, including 35 disposals against the Eagles in 2013. The last game against the Giants in 2014 was his best IMO, I think he was instrumental in carrying us over the line for the win. Most supporters would have seen he was a prospect at that point, and then he was gone.

Murray has dash, but beyond that a lot of supporters --including myself-- struggled to see much value in what he offers. That doesn't mean he won't/wouldn't have developed into something better over time, but I suppose it means that a lot of us won't see him as too much of a loss if he doesn't get the chance.

I still dont see your journo point.

No news is no news.

Simples.
Tim ,That's what I'm implying re no info

History shows the media never misses a opportunity to give us a whack
We're click bait and nothing being said to me implies zips known as someone would have run with it

The time frame is unprecedented and raises doubts about the process
It wouldn't be kept secret , more to lose if you try
So has there been a stuff up?

I actually liked his ability to defend in transition. There were a number of times early in 2018 where we were caught out going the other way, he was the last in line to defend and did a very reasonable job. It’s probably all for naught, but I think he can make it with time so if another club wants to take a shot in 3 years they could do worse than Murray, IMO.

I actually liked his ability to defend in transition. There were a number of times early in 2018 where we were caught out going the other way, he was the last in line to defend and did a very reasonable job. It’s probably all for naught, but I think he can make it with time so if another club wants to take a shot in 3 years they could do worse than Murray, IMO.

He was referring to Thomas .

But I agree with you, Murray has shown a bit in his brief career . If he survives this drug saga (and that’s a big if) I’ll be very interested to see if he can resume his career and build on fixing some of his perceived weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If called 'run!' not 'footy',
Sam chased white lines with the best.
Or so it's alleged. :cool:
Run, sniff, run some more
Too much nose... suspended now
Return date? unknown...,

ASADA must be in dire need of funding as it's laboratory is seemingly being run by one person in white coat who also has to answer the phones.

Honestly, if an athlete returns a positive result how hard is it to get the secondary sample out of storage and load it into what I assume is a machine that does all the required analysis.

This process could surely be done within a week.

Last edited:
ASADA must be in dire need of funding as it's laboratory is seemingly being run by one person in white coat who also has to answer the phones.

Honestly, if an athlete returns a positive result who hard is it to get the secondary sample out of storage and load it into what I assume is a machine that does all the required analysis.

My theory is the people who work at ASADA did so under the impression that Australians won't cheat so they expected to never need to actually work... and then when s**t hits the fan they have absolutely no idea what to do.

Honestly, if an athlete returns a positive result how hard is it to get the secondary sample out of storage and load it into what I assume is a machine that does all the required analysis.

Rest assured that the B sample has been in for months. The parties are negotiating penalty. ASADA not permitted to release information publicly until a final determination has been made. This goes some way to explaining the on-going silence around the matter.

Rest assured that the B sample has been in for months. The parties are negotiating penalty. ASADA not permitted to release information publicly until a final determination has been made. This goes some way to explaining the on-going silence around the matter.
Why take so long? It unfair by the player, if proved guilty, apply the ban or penalty and get on with it. If they want to negotiate (I don't know why they want to), surely you don't need 6 months for it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why take so long? It unfair by the player, if proved guilty, apply the ban or penalty and get on with it. If they want to negotiate (I don't know why they want to), surely you don't need 6 months for it.

But if the player’s representation wants a leaner penalty due to circumstances then negotiations occur and hence the delay.
Legal manoeuvring has a habit of being lengthy.

No doubt it has taken a while (that is a separate question), but it is certainly in the player's best interest to negotiate if it results in a penalty less than the prescribed 4 years. Might even get away with a 12 month ban.

Perhaps the player is deeply involved in the negotiation process in relation to any proposed penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back