Sam Newman "probably" retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Sam has ever cried about anything. It’s more the offended who do the crying and then get a few hundred thousand who agree with them on social media and the storm erupts. Effectively over a small minority who were offended.
Dont forget, its almost a national sport now to be offended on behalf of someone else, for whatever, as long as your seen to be. Sad sad state of affairs.

They're not jokes. Mick Malloy is making fun of people. If I want a laugh, I'll watch 2 1/2 Men.

If you laugh at a shitty sitcom like that I can understand how you wouldn't get the jokes on The Front Bar, that's highbrow humour in comparison to 2 I/2 Men.

sam had his funny moments but his recent support of fraser annings speech indirectly was the final straw.

shouldve thrown in the towel 10 years ago. as i said was quite hilarious especially at the start but comes ages comes boredom and being stale.

seems like it is the end of the footy show. again went far too long. dont even remember the last time i watched it. maybe 2010 or 11.

Dont forget, its almost a national sport now to be offended on behalf of someone else, for whatever, as long as your seen to be. Sad sad state of affairs.

This is so true, it’s got to the point where you just say you are so you don’t offend anyone else even though you totally disagree. It has become laughable.

sam had his funny moments but his recent support of fraser annings speech indirectly was the final straw.

shouldve thrown in the towel 10 years ago. as i said was quite hilarious especially at the start but comes ages comes boredom and being stale.

seems like it is the end of the footy show. again went far too long. dont even remember the last time i watched it. maybe 2010 or 11.

A vast majority of the country agreed with Annings, but no one will say they did because it might offend the minority. Welcome to Australia.

A vast majority of the country agreed with Annings, but no one will say they did because it might offend the minority. Welcome to Australia.
LOL! Vast majority!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

In psychology, the false-consensus effect or false-consensus bias is an attributional type of cognitive bias whereby people tend to overestimate the extent to which their opinions, beliefs, preferences, values, and habits are normal and typical of those of others (i.e., that others also think the same way that they do).[1] This cognitive bias tends to lead to the perception of a consensus that does not exist, a "false consensus".

Yeah, right. That's why these clowns get a few hundred votes at election time, with the aid of secret ballot. :rolleyes:They're fringe dwellers. Just angrier and louder than the average person.

It was a good show for 10-15 years. Gave us some real fun. So good on it. Haven’t watched it for years now though. It just became a bit predictable and the rise of other footy shows meant there were better options for info and enjoyment. Haven’t found Sam funny or interesting or entertaining for a long time. He originally had quite insightful and funny stuff to say but gradually he turned into a cranky, silly old man with outmoded ideas. Anyway thanks to the footy show for the good years.

pounded a **** load of women.

And you know this how exactly?

It'S jUsT hIs OpInIoN, wHy ArE yOu ShUtTiNg DoWn FrEe SpEeCh?

1rvbf4.jpg

best to leave the anning topic on the society and politics forum. nevertheless newman didnt do anything better by making shitty comments as well but thats his character. newman goes for anyone that is weak a minority whether the elderly, the poor, the migrants. look at street talk. enough said

dont get me wrong ive watching his street talk and the show over the years and at times laughed but when i realised it was the same regurgitatetd s**t from newman i stopped watching the show in its entirety. when lyon became the face of the show it was even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show went on about 10 years past it's use by date. Something will come along to replace it, just like Footy Show replaced World Of Sport (a far superior show). Just like there was Jack Dyer before him, there will be someone after Sam Newman.

Just the way of things.

If you laugh at a shitty sitcom like that I can understand how you wouldn't get the jokes on The Front Bar, that's highbrow humour in comparison to 2 I/2 Men.
So you'd rather listen to Andrew Maher than Sam Newman? OK. Sam Pang's the only one with true humour. That ever-interrupting Molloy who has to get the last word in is so annoying.
I'll say it again, There are no jokes.

Front Bar is putrid. Sam is an entertainment star. A lot of Eunuchs in here that could only dream to leave the legacy he has. Many people saying they rarely watch the show but have a strong critical opinion of Sam. How is that possible? Just jumping on the PC bandwagon. Do something constructive like getting a job. Less time to be offended by something that doesn't affect you that way. And no, being a social justice warrior is not a job.

So you'd rather listen to Andrew Maher than Sam Newman? OK. Sam Pang's the only one with true humour. That ever-interrupting Molloy who has to get the last word in is so annoying.
I'll say it again, There are no jokes.

I don't watch the show for Andy Maher, he's just the fall guy for Mick and Sam's jokes but they all work well together.

One of the problems with The Footy Show and all the recent changes is that there is very little chemistry between the people on it and hence very little humour.

It just seems very forced and stale now which is why they are getting hammered in the ratings by The Front Bar.

If Sam Newman wanted to leave a legacy he hung around at least a decade too long. But the money was too good and yet he was too lazy. He won't and never will take responsibility for not updating his act. It's the mythical PC thought police who stopped his material from 2001 being laughed at in 2018!

Sam Newman and the Footy Show worked when it was a genuine team.

It's like when Stevie Nicks went solo - she pretty much sucked.

Sam was clearly a talented TV guy and hugely popular with audiences, but I think that was off the back of him basically being part of a panel - not the straight out star. He's excellent at bouncing off people.

I reckon that that's when the show turned to be honest. When it basically became The Sam Newman Show, as opposed to an entertainment show that he was merely a part of, albeit a large part.

He simply couldn't carry the show. He's simply not talented enough.

They put too much focus on everyone sitting back and waiting for Sam to do or say something outrageous, which clearly has a used by date.

I like him, but think the show has totally sucked for about 15 of its 25 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back