Sam Northeast - 400+

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
to be honest I don't know much about him.

going on 33 years of age with a FC batting ave of 40ish.

Sam Northeast just bought up his 400 with a SIX and is 410* at lunch.

65 overs left in the match.

Leicestershire 584
Glamorgan 5/787

Do they declare and chase the 10 wickets in 2 sessions, given that only 15 have fallen in 3+ days or let Sam Northeast chase Lara's 501 ?

It's one of the more remarkable scorecards I have seen.

5/795 declared and 4 of the wickets went for single figures.

remarkable scorecard.

got the result in the end.

these type of individual scores normally result in a draw with so much time taken out of the game and so little time to get 20 wickets.

it's a bit like massive team total's like sri lanka 900+ a few years back - my theory is if you can score 900+ its probably taken close to 3 days and leaves 2 days to get 20 wickets which already appears like a road to bat on.

remarkable scorecard.

got the result in the end.

these type of individual scores normally result in a draw with so much time taken out of the game and so little time to get 20 wickets.

it's a bit like massive team total's like sri lanka 900+ a few years back - my theory is if you can score 900+ its probably taken close to 3 days and leaves 2 days to get 20 wickets which already appears like a road to bat on.
100%, so glad they didn't bat on just for the record, and actually had a crack at winning. If you score >300 and your team still wins the match it means so much more than if you do it in a batfest draw.

I'd get runs against a county attack.

A mate of mine plays in England. Says the standard of county cricket is deplorable - and getting worse year by year.

A mate of mine plays in England. Says the standard of county cricket is deplorable - and getting worse year by year.
Its always been pretty much accepted that equivalent level Australia standard is higher.
But if your playing grade cricket here and you think you will go over and do well against a county side you will probably get a shock.

Is your mate playing county or league cricket because its a huge standard difference

The grade cricketer podcast were very funny talking about this innings.

In Australia we hear about a guy making 400..

"yeah he made 400 but..."

Its always been pretty much accepted that equivalent level Australia standard is higher.
But if your playing grade cricket here and you think you will go over and do well against a county side you will probably get a shock.

Is your mate playing county or league cricket because its a huge standard difference
He works for a county club so does have some good 'intel'. Maintains that shield cricket is still a higher standard (as you pointed out).

Says its all about 20/20 now in the UK, the ECB love it. County cricket effectively scheduled around 20/20 comps (sound familiar?).

My mate plays local league cricket, says its probably B grade district standard amongst the better sides at best. Each side in the comp has some really good players (3-4 each) but the depth falls away quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He works for a county club so does have some good 'intel'. Maintains that shield cricket is still a higher standard (as you pointed out).

Says its all about 20/20 now in the UK, the ECB love it. County cricket effectively scheduled around 20/20 comps (sound familiar?).

My mate plays local league cricket, says its probably B grade district standard amongst the better sides at best. Each side in the comp has some really good players (3-4 each) but the depth falls away quickly.
There are premier/grade 1 sides that would give the weaker county sides a good run .
But huge gap from the low to best county sides.

The standard in the league system varies a lot from league to league . Some are incredible strong and not far off county.
Some are very village

Remove this Banner Ad

Back