Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
It's closer to the Judd price than it what Cerra's really worth. Cerra is not worth pick 6 and two 2nd rounder's.

It a ridiculous price to pay for a half decent young mid who really has just started his career. A top 10 pick and 2 second rounders....LOL!

" the Cats have received selections 14, 24 and 37 in this year's national draft, along with West Coast's first pick in the 2020 draft."

Sure...what about one 3 years older than that who had really just started his career and is a worse kick?

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Don't really care what he gets traded for I'm just glad he's going to a team that knows how to manage players. Listened to about 30 seconds of Adam Simpson's interview talking about him and he already has more of a clue of how to get the best out of SPS than Teague did in 3 years. Hes an absolutely elite talent and I'm looking forward to seeing him shine

Doubtful.
Would be staggered if the Eagles cough up anything in the second round

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
It's closer to the Judd price than it what Cerra's really worth. Cerra is not worth pick 6 and two 2nd rounder's.

It a ridiculous price to pay for a half decent young mid who really has just started his career. A top 10 pick and 2 second rounders....LOL!
You probably already know this, but West Coast received Pick 3 Kennedy (Pick 4) and 20.

That's not even remotely 'close' to Pick 6 and 2 junk 2nds.

That's not even remotely 'close' to Pick 6 and 2 junk 2nds.

Kennedy was not even in Carlton's best 22 at the time was in and out of the team , with the Eagles it took two seasons to show up at AFL level so really would have been rated a pick in 20s at that time.

Wut? So what you're saying is we can get Logan McDonald off the swans for a second rounder? Off to the swans board!

Back to SPS. You'd expect this to be done for something late, 3rd rounder at best. 6 years in the system to show something, and has yet to produce any more than a trailer.
From another point of view, if he was a free agent, would Carlton even get a compensation pick? Would be getting a short term, low money deal.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Wut? So what you're saying is we can get Logan McDonald off the swans for a second rounder? Off to the swans board!

Back to SPS. You'd expect this to be done for something late, 3rd rounder at best. 6 years in the system to show something, and has yet to produce any more than a trailer.
From another point of view, if he was a free agent, would Carlton even get a compensation pick? Would be getting a short term, low money deal.

In hindsight Kennedy turned out trumps for West Coast but at that time he wouldn't have been worth Pick 4 when the Judd trade was done .

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
" the Cats have received selections 14, 24 and 37 in this year's national draft, along with West Coast's first pick in the 2020 draft."

Sure...what about one 3 years older than that who had really just started his career and is a worse kick?

Mate Kelly finished what top 3 or 5 in the Brownlow?

Kelly's credentials outperform Cerra's by a fair distance PLUS it is widely accepted that was paying far too much in picks.

Cerre is not worth three picks especially when one is pick 6.

Mate Kelly finished what top 3 or 5 in the Brownlow?

Kelly's credentials outperform Cerra's by a fair distance PLUS it is widely accepted that was paying far too much in picks.

Cerre is not worth three picks especially when one is pick 6.
Wow.. I knew that SPS didn't have a lot of value, but to have so little as to not even be talked about in your own thread? That's harsh.

I think you'll find that most freo supporters are in the camp of 6+(2nd or F2) for Cerra and F3, three picks just isn't going to happen. But, that's for a different thread, right?

Has a Jimmy Toumpas vibe about him. Only worth risking a third rounder.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow.. I knew that SPS didn't have a lot of value, but to have so little as to not even be talked about in your own thread? That's harsh.

I think you'll find that most freo supporters are in the camp of 6+(2nd or F2) for Cerra and F3, three picks just isn't going to happen. But, that's for a different thread, right?
Cerra is not worth Pick 6, 20 touch mid with no speed or strength.

You will get Melbourne's future 1st and you will like it.

SPS is borderline worthless, if we could fluke 35 for sps + a 4th yay if not who cares any pick traded won't be used send him to the draft.

Cerra is not worth Pick 6, 20 touch mid with no speed or strength.

You will get Melbourne's future 1st and you will like it.

SPS is borderline worthless, if we could fluke 35 for sps + a 4th yay if not who cares any pick traded won't be used send him to the draft.
Consent is key.

but basically. no. you're way off, but we shall wait for the deal to get done and go from there.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I think he was trying to be funny. Lots of trying, not much funny.
Was he? It's been a bit hard to tell in this thread.
download.jpg

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
I'd wonder if SPS could be convinced to stay at Carlton for 1 more year under a new coach. I'd ideally like to see him have another year in his preferred position with a mandate that he kicks the ball more than 11 metres.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Why are there more freo supporters than wce supporters in this thread

Is it because they thought SPS was going to be bargain steak knives ?

Freo supporters have done nothing but talk SPS down .

I dont think he is best 22 when we have a full squad but worth a punt with a late pick hopefully 49 .

Not an awful pick as it will drop significantly with the FS bids . Probably down to 42/43 .

Plenty of vic lads will slide due to not much footy over the last 2 years plenty of diamonds late in this draft

Back